Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perm Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monicah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm Question
    Posted: June 14 2011 at 12:04pm
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I picked the curly hair forum. I just got my hair permed yesterday, and yes, I know to wait a few days before shampooing my hair! For the first wash after the wait, should I use a shampoo and conditioner or conditioner only? My hair was fine-ish before the perm, but usually took the scrunching I did pretty well before hand. I'm also using The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture shampoo and conditioner. Is that fairly good stuff to use?
sun159159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sun159159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 3:22pm
Keep in mind that using a conditioner or any kind may soften the permed hair so it will be harder to scrunch.  If you need a conditioner to offset the chemical treatment then use just a little and don't glop it on.  Maybe only apply to the sectons that really need some conditioning.
monicah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 10:14pm
Thanks. I REALLY want the perm to last as long as possible...I"m attending a wedding in July and hopefully it'll still look good by then :)
hairfashion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 2:12am
Originally posted by sun159159 sun159159 wrote:

Keep in mind that using a conditioner or any kind may soften the permed hair so it will be harder to scrunch.  If you need a conditioner to offset the chemical treatment then use just a little and don't glop it on.  Maybe only apply to the sectons that really need some conditioning.

I have a question,Several years ago,I want to have a cur hair,But It failed,The hair dresser said that my hair is too difficult to curl it.Why?Someone can tell me?And can I have a curl hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic