Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best methods for taking care of my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chumpstuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumpstuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best methods for taking care of my hair?
    Posted: June 22 2011 at 5:50pm
I'm 19 years old, and my hair is super straight just by towel drying it. This is nice, except when I want it curly, which is absolutely 100% impossible. Also, my hair is quite oily, naturally. I have side-swept bangs, which always get oily first, most likely because they are closest to my face. The more often I wash my face, the faster it gets oily, so I try to only wash it once a day. Often, my hair has no volume and gets oily very quickly. I try to avoid washing it everyday. Usually I wash it every other day. I don't have fine hair, but it's very thin. There's just not a lot there. I shed a lot, also. Can someone give me some tips of how I can curl it, maintain it, and keep it from shedding?
williams_john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williams_john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 1:40am
Here some practice which stop hair fall and help care of long hairs........

Grate 2' piece of cucumber. Squeeze through a muslin cloth and extract the juice. Dip cotton pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 15 minutes.
Take 1 tspn Tomato pulp,1 pinch of Turmeric powder ½ tspn of limejuice and 1 tspn of gram flour. Make a paste and apply gently. Remove gently with moist cotton pads after ½ an hour.

Soak 2 Almonds overnight. Peel and grind to a smooth paste. Add a few drops of limejuice to this Apply for 20-25 minutes. This should be followed daily and gradually after 2 weeks, every 3rd day and finally when the difference is visible, to once aeek. A paste of Almonds can be stored in a clean bottle in the 'fridge.

Apply a paste made by crushing a handful of Mint leaves

Edited by williams_john - November 05 2011 at 5:22am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 8:55pm

Well if your hair is shedding it could be due to many factors such as: lack of nutrients and vitamins in your diet, poor scalp health, hormonal issues, thyroid issues stress and many other factors.

First thing I would do is check with a doctor to make sure your hair loss or shedding is not due to a medical condition.

One thing you could try to help promote hair growth and stop hair shedding is to try frequent scalp massages. Scalp massages promote blood flow and circulation to the area that stimulates the follicles.

You could also try some shampoos for thin hair, when my aunt had her baby she experienced a lot of hair shedding and she used a line called Folicure that is specifically designed with nutrients and vitamins for thin hair. It is supposed to properly clean the scalp and in some instances thickens hair. I have never tried them personally as I do not have shedding problems and I have very thick hair but you could try them out and see if that helps, it seemed to help my aunt with her issues. The Folicure shampoo may also help with your oily hair problem as well because as I said they are made to thoroughly clean the scalp.

Usually the less you wash your hair the oilier it gets because the natural oils excreted from your scalp builds up, so if you need to wash your hair every day do so. Hair also tends to become limp when it gets oily.

Maybe one of the reason’s you have problems curling your hair is because of the excess oil and limpness? Try washing your hair thoroughly let your hair dry and then try curling it with a ceramic curling iron on a high heat setting. After the curl is set put in a hair spray that is alcohol free. You can also try hot rollers; put the rollers in your hair for as long as you can, it may also help to sit under one of those hair dryers like they have at the salon, or holding your blow dryer to your hair to add extra heat.

If this doesn’t work maybe you can see a stylish and they can suggest a method that will curl your hair and maybe some products that will help with the oil and limpness.

Good luck

kaylayguerra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylayguerra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2012 at 4:16am
What an extraordinary information about hair i read your advice and that's really very great idea and your post job nice and i will use your advice because of unfortunately i also was founding and you give so thanks for sharing it.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 21 2012 at 9:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic