Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wella Color Perm Color + Clairol Prof Clear Glaze
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wella Color Perm Color + Clairol Prof Clear Glaze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
office2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote office2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wella Color Perm Color + Clairol Prof Clear Glaze
    Posted: July 02 2011 at 8:08pm

I just started coloring my hair in December.  I am 42 years old and my natural color was several different shades of red with gold blonde throughout.  I waited as long as I could before I started coloring my hair but the gray finally won out.  I use Wella Color Charm permenant color and also Clairol Professional Clear Gloss to seal my hair and add shine.  Well, I was bored last night and it had only been two weeks since I colored and glossed my hair.  I Glossed again last night and now my hair feels like straw!!  I am conditioning as we speak.  I thought gloss was a conditioning process??  Am I wrong?  What is the best, most conditioning brand of color that you recommend?   I have become obsessed with everything hair color and have been haunting Sally's Beauty Supply. 

keetagirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keetagirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 4:11pm
Unfortunately, I don't recommend any of the color at Sally's or any of the box color. Both are of equal quality and both use the cheapest pigments and conditioners possible. The result is the color either doesn't stay true (gets brassy) and/or hair gets like straw. I'm sorry that this has happened to you but there is some good news. Wella's premier color product is Koleston Perfect (Color Charm is their mass market product and is a bargain basement one at that). Koleston can be ordered online these days. For info about where to get it, you can pm me. I've been using Koleston for 4 years and my hair is super shiny and super soft even though I use a very strong peroxide. I never have trouble with color changes or dryness. You can also use Koleston's demi color (Color Touch) if you want to use a clear glaze. A clear glaze does add shine but it's used with peroxide to make that possible. It isn't really a conditioning product.

Cheap color doesn't have the conditioners that salon color has, that's one reason why salon color looks so good. With Koleston, you won't need to use a glaze, there's plenty of shine without one. Although Sally's markets their color as "for professional use only" that's only a sales gimmick. There's no law preventing the public from buying hair color. However, there are companies that won't sell to the public. There's a big difference between the two. No professional colorist would use Sally's stuff. You will get much better results from a salon product. Koleston is available from several sellers. I know it's a pain to wait for the package to arrive, but it's worth it. I urge you to try Koleston. My color just wasn't possible with the kits or Sally's stuff. I found Koleston by accident and now I want everyone to know how great it is. I'll be glad to help you pick a shade(s) to get your perfect color. You just need to pm for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic