Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair removal machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair removal machine
    Posted: July 10 2011 at 5:20am
What is the best hair removal machine?

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 10 2011 at 9:17am
xiaof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xiaof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 4:46am
There is a major trend: the growth of nonsurgical cosmetic devices and treatments.

Eighty-three percent of all cosmetic procedures performed in the offices of cosmetic plastic surgeons in 2010 were nonsurgical, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery — and the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery reports a similar trend. What does that mean in terms of volume? Almost 8 million nonsurgical cosmetic procedures were performed last year at a cost of $4.1 billion dollars.

"There's a huge demand for nonsurgical procedures," said Dr. Jeffrey Kenkel, president of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

The reasons are simple, Kenkel, a Dallas cosmetic plastic surgeon, said. "Some patients only want a little bit of change," he said. Others "just aren't interested in a surgical option." They're seeking procedures that are less expensive, less painful and less disruptive than, say, a face lift, which costs an average of $6,600 and takes weeks of recovery time.

In the last year alone, the Food and Drug Administration approved two new devices used for the nonsurgical removal of fat — Zerona and Zeltiq, the latter of which is quickly gaining favor as a surgery-free alternative to liposuction.

Zeltiq is a device that vacuum-attaches to the body and delivers precise and controlled cooling through the skin to target subcutaneous fat deposits. The one-hour treatment is designed to freeze and kill fat cells without damage to the skin or internal organs. If the treatment is successful, over the course of several weeks, the fat cells are broken down and processed by the liver, and ultimately expelled as excrement.

"The typical candidate needs one to two exposures on an average love handle," said Dr. Dieter Manstein, co-inventor of Zeltiq with Dr. Rox Anderson (both of them work with the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, a teaching affiliate of the Harvard Medical School).

"The ideal candidate is somebody who's in reasonably good shape, somebody who has some love handles or a post-pregnancy pouch or back fat that doesn't want to disappear," said Manstein, who also co-developed, with Anderson, a fractional laser skin resurfacing technique popularized by a device known as Fraxel.

FDA spokeswoman Erica Jefferson said the agency does not track the rate of applications for medical devices. But she added that the agency has cleared "tons" of devices for skin tightening, body contouring and wrinkle reduction in the last decade.

The number of FDA-approved skin-tightening devices, in particular, has dramatically increased in recent years, including products such as Exilis and Pearl.

The Exilis device uses radio frequency waves in an attempt to stimulate and strengthen collagen (and to reduce fat). About 100 Exilis devices are in use in the U.S., including in Stevens' fire and ice room.

"We try to be very comprehensive," said Stevens, a board-certified cosmetic plastic surgeon who practices at Marina Plastic Surgery Associates in Marina del Rey and also runs the aesthetic plastic surgery fellowship at USC.

Dr. Sanjay Grover, a cosmetic surgeon with practices in Newport Beach and Beverly Hills, says patients want options.

Edited by xiaof - July 27 2011 at 10:36am
bobsmith12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsmith12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 6:05am
Many laser hair removal machines available in the market, but there is no competition of IPL laser hair removal machines. IPL laser hair removal machines are FDA certified, very effective and side effect free. It removes the hair without damaging the skin.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 07 2012 at 7:02am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 2:42pm

When you find out I would love to know as well. Hair removal can be quite a nuisance for women.

I have considered trying the NONO hair remover so if anyone has any thoughts on this product I would love to hear about it.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2012 at 6:06am
Hi Erica,
I have not heard of NONO hair remover.  Would also love to hear more.  I'm going to ask around. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
way2will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote way2will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2012 at 5:15am
Many laser hair removal machines available in the market but, In my opinion always use laser hair removal machine. The biggest advantage of laser hair removal machine is that hair will take a lot longer time to grow back.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 21 2012 at 10:45pm
May22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote May22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2012 at 9:53pm
I also need a good hair remove. Thanks, there have so many advices.
kellywayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellywayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2012 at 4:39am
Hair removal machines gives a very healthy skin, with a long lasting result compared to laser machines. I am taking my treatment and am just going to complete it, its looks wonderful. Wink

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 06 2012 at 5:22am
daved123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daved123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 6:31am
There are many methods to eliminate unwanted hair. But in my opinion laser treatment is good because it really works for a long time. 

Benefits of laser hair removal system
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2012 at 9:01pm
One method is better than anything!  Training your "lovely" other to do it for you!

How, did women do it in ancient times?  They trained there husbands to do it for them.

"Honey?  I need to shave all these hairy areas on my body.  Especially those... $%$# areas.

"Awe. Do I have to?"

"Yes, If you do not, you will never win that battle with those hairy ape like barbarians that come down and, ["cough,"] us totally unprepared women." Germanic Tribes up north!  They love women with all those ["cough," "Cough again?"] Why don't you do mine?"

Off he goes to kill the germanic tribes having no idea what she wants!

Or, maybe we should get smart and a hairy woman is worthy of our recognition, praise, sight, smell and most of all!

Beautiful silky hair and great shampoos and conditioners and completely excellent and complex hairstyles that say... wow, you are a woman... and... a Ok... yeh right!  Like a man would love beautiful silky long hair and be willing as your slave to wash it... condition it... but see you as a woman... who has dreams.. and asperations... feelings as equal to his..?

I am sorry!  Guys like these do not grow on trees.  They reside in people like me who type out these keys finding wqoman woirthy of that recognision... but... are scene as ...

Better go back to what I understand...I am a wallflower who lives INSIDE the wall... where I belong... 
Guys like me notice!
hada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2012 at 10:10pm
Great topic.  I would love to know more.

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 17 2012 at 10:17am
jasonsmith9019 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonsmith9019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2012 at 1:30am
IPL and Laser hair removal are the best hair removal techniques. Many Laser machines are available in market like evolux, evolight, Yag which are well known for their results and are very simple to use.

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 23 2013 at 1:38pm
amadasady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amadasady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2013 at 12:19am

thank you, i will regard it as a good idea

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 23 2013 at 1:38pm
lucyming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 1:24am
I want to know more

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 15 2013 at 11:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic