Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help w/color @ home situation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noviceinneed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviceinneed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help w/color @ home situation
    Posted: July 11 2011 at 3:41pm
I am trying to get back to the light blonde color I used to be naturally.  I bleached my roots and just in the rinsing out process my hair is now a BRIGHT yellow BANANA (FAKE LOOKING) color.  My efforts of toning have included coloring w/Ion high lift Ash blonde color, Wella "white lady" toner, Wella "Ivory lady" toner and finally Manic Panic "Virgin Snow".  I learned the hard way after obtaining purple hair a month ago to do strand tests instead.  Even after washing the strand w/Roux's porosity control shampoo w/the last two products, my hair goes from the BRIGHT BANANA color to an UGLY purplish-grey-violet tone.   Uuuuugggg.  In the past, although it wasn't this yellow, Shimmering Lights shampoo didn't do anything for me.   I have a packet of Ion's purifying solution that the lady @ Sally's sold me for "removing swimmer's green" but it says that use on non-pigmented hair can cause a discoloration" and lord knows, it seems that my hair picks up on the undertones of anything so far quite easily.  However I am desperate to loes this "hooker looking" yellow bleach blonde look I have NOW...I don't want to be seen by anybody so I'm pretty stuck.  I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has after reading my current plight.  Thanks in advance and PLEASE HURRY!!Cry
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 1:55am
If your roots came out a bright yellow, then I don't think you left the bleach on long enough. You'll need to rebleach till you get to the color of the inside of a banana to get to a light blonde color like the toners you've used.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic