Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut tomorrow - long to short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Millie1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut tomorrow - long to short
    Posted: July 20 2011 at 11:33am
Hi,

I am getting my hair cut tomorrow, and although I think I know what I am going to have done, I thought I would post here first and see if anyone else had any suggestions etc that I may not have thought of. At the moment my hair is fairly long, but I am cutting it and donating it to a UK charity that makes wigs for children with cancer and alopecia. I want to donate about 10 inches, so obviously that puts some restrictions on style, but apart from that I will consider most things - I don't want a super short crop, but will consider pixies and longer, and I don't want anything that looks dated - although I have found some really nice pictures of short cuts online, I have also found quite a few that I think look very 90s, or for older women, and I am not interested in that. I have posted a few pictures - one is a rear view of my hair's natural texture etc - this is unstraightened/unstyled - just blasted with a hairdryer for 5 mins. One ponytail pic just to show roughly where 10 inches is (just below the band, but I know to cut above), and then a couple of face pictures - my hair is curly in one, but as you can see from the first picture - my hair is dead straight naturally, and curling it takes quite some time, so that picture is to see face rather than hair!

Thanks for any suggestions.
Millie
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 3:30pm
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2401/2361026786_775b3803ac_m.jpg
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 3:35pm
Tons here, I say blunt bangs and or a buzzed nape, esp. with your eyes!!

http://www.hairxstatic.com/styles/sbb.php
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 8:09pm
big change,  it will look geat on you. goodluck
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 10:11pm
Awesome face shape; you can go with just about anything.  I'm thinking something like this

I like this for the back

If you're really brave, these would look great also

HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 3:28pm
Thanks for the replies. I did think about going for a graduated bob, but decided not to in the end, and to do roughly what I had originally decided. I had been in for a consultation last week and taken some pictures I showed the stylist, and she thought one of them would suit me, and I said I was pretty open really, and to do what she thought, so she did. It isn't exactly like the picture but that's ok - I had said to do whatever she thought. Have posted a picture, because I know how frustrating it is to see a before and not an after pic! Hope you like it. I think I do - I like it more in some pictures than others, but I don't regret cutting it - it isn't the length I have an issue with. She actually cut it off in sections rather than just one ponytail, to get more to donate, and then tied them together after, so the longest bits are about 13 inches.

Edited by Millie1986 - July 21 2011 at 6:23pm
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 4:43pm
Looks cool ,nice bangs, any side, rear shots?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 9:12pm
Looks awesome; suits you very well. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 9:19pm
Hello sexy!   Well done!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 1:38am
It looks good but as it evolves you could look absolutely stunning.  Given your face shape and bone structure you could wear hour hair in a stronger, more funky style.  It just looks a bit too soft at the moment and dare I say makes you look older than your before photos.

Not sure how to improve it though - e.g. exposing your ears or having a bolder fringe.

Edited by Heratic - July 22 2011 at 1:38am
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 7:09am
Thanks for the feedback. Heratic, I am sure once I have had time to mess around with it a bit and see how I like it and what it will do it will be better. And for me, looking older isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I am 25 and people generally think I am 16 - 19! I don't want to look old, but it would be nice not to be asked if I am at school all the time!
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 6:15pm
congreat, looks great on you. 
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 11:42pm
You look gorgeous
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2011 at 8:27am
You look stunning with this hair cut, Millie.
hairboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 4:56pm
Perfect!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 9:19pm
Very nice. As a stlyist my compliments to you Millie. You look beautiful
Mike
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2011 at 8:44am
Love the look.  Well done by your haircutter.

Ivan

www.zoothair.com
Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 4:16pm
Just a quick update for anyone interested - 5 weeks down the line and I am still liking short hair. I love how easy it is, and I have had loads of compliments on it. It seemed to grow really quickly, and it had reached the point where I was finding it difficult to see, so I had it cut again today. I couldn't get to the salon I went to last time so a different hairdresser cut it this time. Although I have liked it short, it hasn't really been going how I wanted it - I wanted it more messy etc, and my hair tends to do that for about 5 minutes and then fall back into place! I told her that, so she said she would put a lot more texture in it etc, and I just said to do whatever she thought really. It is a lot more layered and cut into this time, and a bit shorter, particularly at the back, although the fringe and layers are all shorter too. I've not got any very good pictures yet, but I have attached a side view shot I took earlier so I could see it more clearly myself, but it isn't great as there is shadow on the wall behind me!

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 8:10pm
Just keeps getting better and better.  That is the style I want my wife to have....unfortunately, she throws a fit anytime I mention anything about cutting her hair short.
Please post more pics
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 10:07am
You rock the new look Millie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic