Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

right toner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noviceinneed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviceinneed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: right toner
    Posted: August 06 2011 at 4:54pm
I am wanting white blonde and after pre-lightening to a pale yellow the Wella toners have turned my hair from everything to violet to drab grey.  There is a web chart of the clairol creme toners and it says that the 301D White Beige would turn my hair white blonde.  Has anybody had any experience with this toner?  HELP I look like hooker yellow blonde!!Angry
lipengli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lipengli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 7:48am
The important question here is what is your natural base color?  That will make a big different in how the toner will work.  Sometimes the indications of the chart will not work with your natural color, especially if it pulls red, orange or yellow when you tone it.

If you are yellow blonde you need to reapply more bleach to get to the white blonde.  Yellow blonde is one of the stages right before you get to white.
noviceinneed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviceinneed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 6:34pm
As far as base color my stylist checked it and said it was a 6/7,(I think a med or dark blonde).  So far toners have pulled violet-drab grey.  I bleached my hair two times in a row with clairol Kaliedocolors and it DID NOT TURN MY HAIR WHITE!!!  Have you heard of a yellow blonde person using clairol's creme toner 301D and what their results were?
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 9:47am
You need to bleach your hair to the color of the inside of a banana. I suggest you go to Sally's and get a stronger bleach. Once you've reached that level your toner will work better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic