Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short haircut for my Girlfriend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short haircut for my Girlfriend
    Posted: August 28 2011 at 12:12pm
My GF and I live 250 miles apart and only see each other at weekends. She turned up this weekend (and also for a weeks holiday together) sporting a new haircut. She's had a load cut off and has gone from waist length to a few inches past her shoulders!

She's very pretty but is not happy with her new hairdo. I'm also a bit pissed that she didn't discuss her cut with me, and have pointed it out that her very long hair was 'very head turning' whilst her new length makes her disappear in to the crowd!

I've suggested that she goes shorter still, and although I haven't stated it yet I'm thinking short choppy pixie - send her back to work unrecognisable from the long haired girl who left work! She's feeling guilty about not discussing her cut with me, and doesn't like her new look so I'm sure she will go for it - with a bit of persuasion!

Could you guys send me some pics / links to some short edgy pixies, hopefully I'll get her to a salon on Tuesday or Wednesday
NikkiJay101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiJay101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 2:23pm
This is the picture I take with me to the salon:

http://www.hji.co.uk/blogs/pictures/Suzie-McGill.jpg

As you can see its very short - I have the nape very closely cropped - I get loads of compliments!!

Good luck I'm sure you're GF will look stunning however she has her hair cut.
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 5:57pm

Edited by xxxzvp - August 28 2011 at 5:58pm
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 5:59pm
Either of these two cuts should be short enough for you. Good luck. Remember, we love to see pics.
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 4:19am
Originally posted by NikkiJay101 NikkiJay101 wrote:

This is the picture I take with me to the salon:

As you can see its very short - I have the nape very closely cropped - I get loads of compliments!!

Good luck I'm sure you're GF will look stunning however she has her hair cut.

I love the style in the attached pic - thanks NikkiJay101 - even this will take some persuading!! The other two pics from xxxzvp are too short, GF would tell me where to get off!
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 7:33am
Very nicley tapered!  Kudos to your cutter!

Ivan
Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:01am
Sorry for late reply:

GF had another hair cut last Thursday, had a load more cut off, but wouldn't go as short as attached pic:

Her hair is now sort of a longish pixie she looks great especially after I tuck her hair behind her ears! just makes me want to get her cut like the pic!

So guys how do I go about persuading, blackmailing, bribing her to go really short?
Bananapantss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bananapantss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 4:18pm
Tell her how good you think it will look and how much you like the idea of her having it that short, but don't force or blackmail her into it, that most likely will not end up too well. Best of luck though
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 12:22pm
My GF finally had her hair cut yesterday like the pic:

Only problem is, is that the Stylist has left quite a bit of length at the nape - wouldn't surprise me if GF asked her to!

However after a couple of glasses of wine she's agreed that I can cut her hair, but it has to be this evening so it's done before she goes to work tomorrow.

Now i think a number 4 guard with the clippers is about right, but she wants confirmation from someone out there, that this would be right.

A quick response would be great!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 5:11pm
Number 4 will leave it about a half inch long; that should work.
HAWG
Bananapantss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bananapantss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 9:00pm
Any pictures?
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 4:10am
Done it!

The hair at her nape had been heavily razored to take the bulk out, but had been left long (relative) to make it look feminine (it was my GF's choice).To me, - and she actually agreed - it didn't go with the length of the rest of the cut, and made the cut look a bit 'dated'.

I therefore shaved her nape with the #4 clipper guard, and must admit it was borderline whether we should go for a #3 but we decided not to.

With the cropped nape her overall cut looks a lot better, far trendier, and interestingly despite only a small amount of hair landing up on the floor she nows looks REALLY short haired so very pleased!
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 1:18am
Try to find out the best style which suit on your girlfriend. Short haircut is nice but not suitable for everyone. Find the best salon for hair style or haircut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic