Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haircut addiction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emma1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haircut addiction
    Posted: September 07 2011 at 10:41am
I've been trawling the web for help on my problem, but haven't really been able to find anything so i thought I'd get your guys opinions:

In June of this year, I had my long hair chopped to just above shoulders, i loved it so much that 3 days later I sat in a chair whilst i got my boyfriend to cut a whole load more off! a couple of days after this I had my hair cut in to a really short pixie at a salon - short and choppy on top, pointy sideburns cut around my ears, nape closely cropped to a point, short choppy slightly side swept fringe / bangs.

It's short, it's edgy it really suits me and I love it, BUT I want to have it cut all the time so there's never a hair out of place. Since I first cut my hair in June I've had my hair cut 12 times - virtually every week, which obviously I can't afford.

Is this something any of you have heard about before, is it OCD? do i need to see a doctor?
Bananapantss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bananapantss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 4:14pm
I don't know If I would call it OCD but then again I don't really have any other explanation other than you just want it to look good. Any pictures you want to post of the haircuts would be wonderful though
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 4:52pm
did a google search "OCD and cutting hair all the time".  Got some hits...here is one forum....
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 7:16am
Yup.  I am familiar... Love the feel of the process.  Love the feel of the wind on my scalp.  Love to have my hair cut.
make appts before you leave for a REASONABLE interval (like, say, 3 weeks).  Hold to the appt.  In between... become a product junkie.  Try new products to mess with the look and play with your new found toy/obsession.  I have built a career on it.  Hit me up for a coupon code for my products and I will hook you up with some new "toys".
Ivan
Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 9:30pm
Once a week for as long as I can remember!
HAWG
Emma1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 10:59am
I went to the Docs and told her about my problem her reaction: 'I was just about to tell you how gorgeous your hair is!'
fireguy0062 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireguy0062 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2011 at 5:12pm
ypu...heard of it before...it called a fetish.
lots of grils get it...once they start cutting, they learn they have it...you wont know about it until you've experienced it.
It dosnt have to be a bad thing...but can get expensive...maybe you need to find a friend who enjoys doing it for you, or ask your bf if he would mind giving you weekly cuts...
sounds like fun to me 
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 7:23am
I think what I'm seeing in society right now is that the economy sucks, politics are horrible, the news is all negative, and people are doing whatever makes them feel good for the moment. If you're not hurting anybody and you can find a way to pay for it then just let loose and enjoy.

My wife is slowly moving towards the shaved side look. Iwatch the progression and the reason is really simple. Because she can. Women are doing daring things to break the stress and feel a little impulsive, daring, and fun.

I agree, its a fetish. That is a negative if out of control or a lot of fun if embraced
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 5:02pm
It is an affordable luxury... as long as it is not becoming a problem... I support and encourage it.  I am happy to support anyone's hairc utting obsession.

Ivan
Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 1:20am
Find more information about hairdressers discount from the below link. Thanks for visiting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic