Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paper's Hair Journal
    Posted: September 09 2011 at 9:20am
I decided to try and grow my hair again. The best way to do that is to start a hair journal. So here I am :) I've been wearing my hair between chin and shoulder length with long layers. Currently I am growing out the layers and plan on keeping long layers on the side. My goal length is APL-BSL. This time I'm going to just have fun with it. Curling, straightening and dyeing. I don't want super long hair, so I don't have to worry about damage.

Here are some pictures that shows my current length...

Side/Back...

Half Up...

My length is 17". My first mini goal is 20" My hair starts to feel long at that length.

Edited by _paper_ - November 15 2011 at 10:04am
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 8:50am
Woooohoooooo!!! Welcome back to HB!   We've missed you!!

I like what you've done with the curling iron in your pics. You have fun with your hair girl - you know I'm right there with ya! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your hair over the next year(s) and also having a growing buddy.
(haha, that's the closest "buddy" smiley I could find)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 9:09am
Welcome back Paper. Nice to have you and Jenn back. Can't wait for the hair growing ride.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 10:42pm
      Hey Paper! I must be some kind of magician. I say "Paper", and presto, there you are. LOL Your fringe is about as attractive-looking as one could hope to see. I think that if you do stay the course and grow the length out, that front fringe cut should stay. So many times women go for a big change and go short, only to obfuscate their best features instead of playing them up. Think Vanessa Hudgens. Her new cut subtracted a lot more than hair.
      Recently, my one dear friend regretfully HAD to cut her stunning long hair short b/c of maddening scalp psoriasis. Her first couple cuts were nothing special, pleasant enough though. I suggested that since she has nice features, smile, ears, neck, etc, that she should bite the bullet, get a short pixie, and allow her face and her profile to be the center of focus. It worked like a charm. I would NEVER suggest this cut to most women, needless to say, but for her, it worked, just as your style works well for you. Bob
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 6:43am
Thanks Jenn for the warm welcome! I love the drinking buddy LOL.

Hi Mike, glad to have your support, again. Thanks!

Hi Bob! You can definitely take some credit for me being back here LOL. Thank you for the comments on my bangs. I have tried growing them out, but always go back to them. That's too bad about your friend having to cut her hair. I liked that you suggested a pixie for her, because that's what would look good. Thanks again for the compliments and support!!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2011 at 9:36am
     Thank you for the kind words. You never really know how a pixie is going to look on a woman until it's done. I strongly *suspected* that a pixie with tapered back and sides would be the perfect short hair look for her, but when I saw her, I was relieved b/c it looked even more vibrant on her than I had hoped. She wasn't sure about it for the first day, she said, but now she loves it.
     Sometimes she has looked at pictures of herself with her former tresses and pined, but it's not in the cards for her to have it again, unless she finds a way to more readily remedy the itchiness. Really, though, it's hard to miss the old hair since this flattering cut, so I'm very happy for her.

P.S. She's been like the sister I never had, in case you're wondering.    

Edited by Bob S - September 12 2011 at 9:39am
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2011 at 6:52am
I have some progress pictures. The first one was taken Aug. 1st and the 2nd one was taken yesterday. So, it shows 2 months progress. I did have a small trim and color done in between. I am happy with the results! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2011 at 8:14am
I can see the growth and your color is lovely. I think your hair is slightly more wavy than mine....but we are close to being hair twins. Just curious if you have ever had a perm...and how that went?

Edited by smilinjenn71 - October 02 2011 at 8:14am
johnrambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnrambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 3:59am
Great Idea I like this post thanks for sharing.

Edited by Administrator - October 03 2011 at 9:35am
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 6:13am
Thanks John!

Thanks Jenn, I had my hair dresser color my hair to match my natural color. Now that I have about an inch of new growth you can only notice the grays and they mix in nicely. I used to get a perm once a year, but that was a long time ago. Are you thinking about getting one? That might be a great idea, then you could just wash and go and have all that body and wave. Now you have given me something to think about!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by _paper_ _paper_ wrote:

Thanks John!

Thanks Jenn, I had my hair dresser color my hair to match my natural color. Now that I have about an inch of new growth you can only notice the grays and they mix in nicely. I used to get a perm once a year, but that was a long time ago. Are you thinking about getting one? That might be a great idea, then you could just wash and go and have all that body and wave. Now you have given me something to think about!!!

That was smart - doing a color really close to your natural shade. That will make it so much easier to deal with roots growing in.

Yes, I have actually thought about getting a body wave. I think that's one reason I cut last time. The straight/stringy look was not good for me. Of course, I won't do a perm for awhile - I'll wait until it's quite a bit longer....mostly likely longer than shoulder.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 7:32am
Paper thank you for the update. The color looks great. Very nice.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 2:42pm
     Impressive, to say the least. Bob
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 6:02am
Mike & Bob, thanks for your support and nice comments. As always, I appreciate it! :)
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 6:01am
Since my last post, I had a much needed 1" trim to get rid of some layers. I also had my hair dresser color my hair 1 shade lighter, the darker color was much too harsh for me. My hair is in good condition and I don't plan on getting another trim until spring. I measured at 18", getting closer to my 20" mini goal! Here is a current length shot....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 8:05am
Nice update, I like the color! What are you washing/conditioning with these days?

Edited by smilinjenn71 - January 13 2012 at 8:05am
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 10:27am
Thanks Jenn :) I have been using Garnier Fructis Color Shield S&C. I love this stuff. My hair is so soft after washing and no frizzys. I have to say, this is the best S&C I've ever used!

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 12:17am
Wow Paper you had me going. I thought you left the site. Thank you for the update. Glad you are going to hit your mini goal soon. Will be keeping a eye on this page for the next up date. Thank you again for this update. Keep growing.
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 6:29am
I'm still here :) I wanted to wait for progress before posting. I'll be back in a few months with another update.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 7:47pm
Great. See you when you hit your next goal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic