Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goldwell Formula Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fringe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fringe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goldwell Formula Help
    Posted: September 28 2011 at 10:01pm
I have been a stylist for over 10 years, but due to a lot of moving around a lot in the past 2 years, I have been out of the industry.

Anyway, I've worked with some amazing colorists and various color lines, but for blondes, I've always liked Goldwell. Where I'm living at now, the nearest supply store carries Goldwell, so I'll be back to using this color again (I had been using L'Oreal Professional).

Now, onto my question:
My natural level is about a 7. To keep things simple, I have been about an 8 or 9 the last couple of years. I would like to get back to a cool 10-11. It seems as I've gotten older (I'm 32) that I'm starting to pull more gold.

What would be a good Goldwell Topchic formula for me to get back to a 10-11?

Here's what I was thinking:

15 ml 10P
10 ml Ash Blonding Cream
50 ml 30 vol

Am I on track with this formula?? It's been about 5 years since I've used Goldwell and I'm a little rusty...literally!   [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by fringe - September 28 2011 at 10:03pm
pfadden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfadden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 12:15pm
Goldwell Art Director, John C. Simpson, says that would be okay but suggests moving through the "brassy" levels from your natural 7, using an 11 series or 12 series would be even better. 11 series gives you 4 levels of lift with control and 12 series provides you 5 levels with sheer reflection. 

His favorite cool blonde formula is:

40 mls 40 vol (12%)

20 mls 11 P

Process for 45 min

Edited by pfadden - September 29 2011 at 12:15pm
fringe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fringe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 3:33pm
Awesome! Thank you so much for your response. Formula sounds good to me! So, no need for the Ash Blonding Cream then?
Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic