Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ali Larter Chops Off Her Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 5:48am
I agree it could use a better styling, but I do love it shorter on her
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 2:22am
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 8:49pm
Awesome, can't wait to see what's next.
HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 10:00pm
Better than the previous version
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 9:06am
Ali is currently in the midst of proving one of my longstanding theories: Women who have had long hair for a long time and finally cut it short, will...

1) Always go shorter than the original cut - possibly very short - before inevitably starting to grow it back out.

2) Grow it back out even longer than it was previously - possible to the longest it has ever been - before possibly trimming it back to the vicinity of the original long style.

I refer you to Alanis Morrisette, Katie Holmes, Sheryl Crow, Alyssa Milano, etc.   And, in a couple of years, I fully expect Hayden Panetierre and Emma Watson to prove out my theory as well...

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 10:35am
Is there a general theory that if you can't get attention in Hollywood or the music business that you should cut your hair? Head shaving? Cherish your hair, people. There are cancer victims everywhere who would trade places with you.
Who has more fun than people?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 11:13am
I believe that the celebrities in question want to cut their hair, not because of lack of attention, but out of a desire to change things up.  Variety is the spice of life, and after all, it's their decision, not ours. I think the attention comes from the 24/7 press, who have nothing better to do other than speculate why someone would cut their hair other than the obvious reason...she wanted to...  If you look at some of the celebrities who Flea mentioned, Alanis Morrisette, Katie Holems and the like, I have not heard any of them say they cut their hair for any reason other than to change things up.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 1:56pm
Both reasons are possible and both probably play into each person's decision to some degree. (Celebrities are unlikely to say "I did it to get attention!" even if they did.)

I think it's an easy shortcut to getting noticed if you don't have much else going on and want casting directors to remember you're still out there. And because (almost) everyone has hair and gets haircuts, the whole aura around it (why'd she do it? why that cut? how does it look? how would it look on me? should I go short?) is very relatable to most people.

Not that I mind -- this board wouldn't be much fun if celebs didn't change their styles.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 8:35pm
Amen
HAWG
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2011 at 10:18am
I miss JerkyFlea's updates!

Agree with you about the cycle. Ultimately most women like the feel and look of longer hair. I think that is what makes short hair fun. It is either transitional and experimental which is really fun or for the rare woman wh really embraces it she is making a statement that she has bucked the trend and gone away from the norm to establish an independent identity.

Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2011 at 10:17pm
There isn't. No one notices and no one cares. If you're well known you aren't going to get more parts based on your haircut. Chances are the people who approve you have no idea what your hair looks like and wouldn't care if they did. Too short? Put in extensions or a wig. Too long? Have her cut it.

If an actress is shooting for a specific part, e.g. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, actresses will cut their hair to win it. Rooney Mara got it. She had long hair. They cut it off.

If you're unknown and not getting parts, however, changing your hair can get you auditions and have casting directors and producers see you differently. Long hair=ingenue. Short hair=girl next door.

Flea, women who've had long hair and cut it short will usually grow it back long at some point, regardless whether they're a Hollywood actress. Many women grow it, then cut it, then grow it again. Many women who've had long hair for a long time end up missing it.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2011 at 12:48am
Whatever, I've yet to be impressed:

Who has more fun than people?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 8:48pm
Blown out straight

HAWG
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:05pm
The straight look is a good one... Wavy is a little more playful, but... yeah, I could live with it short and straight.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 4:26am
Agree...I like it when women manipulate their hairstyle into different looks
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 5:15am
Looks better straight.
Dish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 12:42am
And obviously cut shorter... Hope she keeps that trend going until she finds something fun!
bob&pixieLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob&pixieLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2012 at 4:57am

was hoping she was going to continue the shorter trend but looks like she is letting it grow.. or at the very least maintaining this very inbetween length..

:( :(
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 12:17pm
Here are some pics of Ali, after a salon visit last week.

Still bobbed

Almost collar length

I just like this one

So, if you're hoping Ali went shorter than just under her chin or grows it out, you'll have to keep waiting.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 12:33pm
She suffers from terminal hotness! What a hottie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic