Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing out a pixie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing out a pixie
    Posted: November 03 2011 at 3:55pm
I have had a pixie cut for a couple of years now and have loved it, but I am getting bored and am thinking of growing it out a bit.  My hair is super fine, so nothing too long - probably a jaw or chin length bob. 

Obviously, I would like to get through this grow-out period as quickly and painlessly as possible.  If anyone has tips for transitional styles while I'm growing it out, I'd love to hear them.  I know a lot of articles will recommend using barrettes, headbands, etc., but I really don't like to wear anything in my hair.  Also, I am 40 something, so many of those looks just seem too young to me.

So what do you think?  Grow out the entire thing and avoid cutting anything at all?  Keep trimming the bottom until the layers even out?  Trim the whole thing periodically?  I want it to grow out as fast as possible while still avoiding the mullet.  ;-)
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 8:54pm
I always think that keep trimming it until your desired length....at least it will look healthy and not scraggly during the grow out period.
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 9:39pm
That's what I have done in the past, although it always seems to take forever to see any length.  It does keep you from going into mullet territory, though.

Ironically, someone stopped me in the grocery store today to ask me who cut my hair because she liked it so much.  Having second thoughts, now...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic