Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Youtube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Youtube
    Posted: September 29 2012 at 8:40pm

Online Status: Offline
Quote%20brzhairs Replybullet Posted: 22 June 2012 at 4:28am

All forums have own rules for all user, forum is discussion board not for video posting.

But, what if there is a video that can be made that can actually help people to understand hair issues? Just for argument sake.  A video helps to encourage a discussion about hair issues.  You are in the business of hair issues...right?
If that is so, it could work... accept for the rules... right? Which you govern... not "them." Whoever they might be.  The ones who manage the site.   Who ever that is?  Those people govern them.  And, "you" or "them" say if a video post can actually help a discussion or not... right? And, "you" and "them" decide this issue. Right?

Saying that a forum is a "discussion board" does not necessarily mean that a video is not part of a discussion board.  Because you have no idea if that video is worthy to be in there.  You are now in the realms of personal preference... which limits the site.  Which should be told in the rules... basically, "I govern the site... if you don't like it... too bad!"  Right? Only "you" and the board say it is not.  Right?

That means any video should have the opportunity to be seen as a potential video for the site.  Unless, someone's personal preference is at odds with it.

If there is no personal preference and the site is mandated and controlled by one person, then a video should be in a personal preference... If so... everyone on this site should be privy to knowing that if any video, good or bad, should NEVER be allowed, right.

So, the rules must state beyond any reasonable dought that by personal preference, the site has banned any video's because the owner or site head has found it to be undesirable upon that person preferenced.  Which means it is subjective to the site head!  Which means everone on this site... no matter how they like the idea of a video has to not only obey the site heads decision, but but must be SUBJECT to it, regardless of popular demand!

So, this forum is created for the creaters benefit and not ours.  Because this creater decides what is best and not the users?

It's funny.  There are so many haircare videos that are OK.  Just telling or showing hair care.  No..fetish stuff or whast you would call junk which could actually create more viewers in a time when viewers are necessary to keep a site going?

But who cares!  This response will taken out as quickly as I wrote it.

Why I am doing this..? Sticking up for the posters when... in a minute "blink" it's gone?

Guys like me notice!
brzhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brzhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 4:28am

All forums have own rules for all user, forum is discussion board not for video posting.

stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 12:33pm
LOL -- I see your point. So why try to spam with the above URL. First off, I couldn't disagree more. More and more forums are adding video to ENHANCE their discussions. All you have to do is check out some of the more popular forums. Believe me, if they are doing it, I would follow their lead.
ruggierihenders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggierihenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 6:28am
You should avoid to add video in Forum post because every forums have there own rules for all users. Every website moderator don't want Spam in any post from any member. It is a place to do discussion  but not for video posting. 
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 10:09am
I don't think you can but I would love it if you could put a youtube video in a post. I have posted on quite a few sites and most have that feature now. I think it adds to a site's discussion.

I'm not sure, but this does look like a phpbb forum. If it is, I know there are tons of mods for adding a video.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic