Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction: My hair journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
malelonglocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malelonglocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction: My hair journal
    Posted: February 05 2012 at 11:53pm
Hello everyone. I have been wanting to join this board for a while now so I figured now would be the perfect time to do so. I have always been an admirer of really long hair so I have decided that I would love to let it grow myself. I currently have my hair in a shag cut that is starting to go over my ears and I cannot wait to have it long. I have decided on a goal length of waist length. I know it is alot of hair but it is a dream of mine to have it that long. I am also somewhat of a femine guy so I would like to be able to do some more femine things with my hair. Any tips would be appreciated :)
Going to awesome lengths
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 1:33pm

Hi,

I wrote a blog about how to care for your hair with great tips and products if you want to check it out

http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.com/2012/02/hair-care-101.html

I am also trying to grow my hair very long, hopefully to waist length but the most important thing is the health of my hair, hair won’t grow very much if it isn’t healthy and properly maintained.

You can also keep a journal and post pictures to track your progress. I haven’t posted a journal on here but I do have one in a word document.

In my journal I started by listing my start date, the reasons I am participating in a hair journey, I added some photos of when my hair was at its best, some photos of my hair when it wasn’t at its best, and then the goals I want to achieve overall. Then I listed all the things I am going to do to achieve those goals.

Then every month I write down the steps I am currently taking to get where I want to be, such as deep conditioning, scalp massages ect, I also list the products that I purchase, the improvements I saw and then any mistakes I made. I also post updated photos every month and write out a list of goals for the following month. So I do this for every month. It is a pretty thorough journal but I have always been rather organized I want to see the progress that I am making to motivate myself to keep going, and I have to say my hair looks really good so far.

Good luck on your hair growth journey.

malelonglocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malelonglocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 11:26pm
Thank you so much for the kind words. It means alot and I love the steps you are taking in showing progress of your journey. Could you email me your word document so I could get an idea?
Going to awesome lengths
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic