Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need "Guitar" Nails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need "Guitar" Nails
    Posted: March 08 2012 at 8:32pm
HI.

I play guitar.  I am interested in the fingerpicking technigue used by guitarists.

Guitarists can finger pick a guitar instead of using a pick (plectrum).  Other guitarists... like banjo players use individual finger picks to strike the strings.

Many guitarists use their own finger nails.

I use two types of guitars.  Nylon string and steel string.  Steel string is what most people hear in pop culture.  Nylon string is used in folk and classical.

I like both.

Since this is the nail thread, I thought some people would know what I could do for my nails so I can play guitar with them.

First, I have very thin nails.  They snag, crack and pull on just about anything.  Once they get to the right legnth, it's just a matter of time that the crack.  One thing I do know is that the nails on a classical guitarist are so heavy and strong, they appear completely ugly!  like OVERGROWN!

This is because they take alot of abuse!  Well if I have to have OVERGROWN nails to play beautiful guitar music and wow the croud... so be it.

There are somethings I know that help nails.  Since nails are fused hairs... alot of the products you would take to get beautifulk hair work for nails.  Vitamins... for example...

Now, I am not sure how many classical guitarists are on theis site giving advise for nails... probably not many... I am interested in products that strengthen nails.  Something to take by mouth or put on the nails...

Does anyone have thin nails that bend and snag and have to be cut short?  Do you take anything to strengthen them?

That's what I am looking for.  If you could let me know.

Thanks.Smile
Guys like me notice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 3:50am
OK.  Ladies... you are the ones to ask.

My sister has very fine nails?  They always snag ans pull and cut until there is nothing left...

Ladies?

You must have something you do for very thin nails so they get stronger?

What do you use to make thivcker stronger nails?
Guys like me notice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 6:57pm
Arrgh.

Ok. Ladies.

I know that many of you use products to keep your nails from splitting?  Right.

Do you mean you ladies have nothing?  Nothing to help your nails?

I know you have thin nails.  Everytime you grow them, something happens...and, don't tell me that you just say...fine... let's cut them all off to the cuticle.  So there goes your nails.

You go around town.  Are your nails are gone?  You try to make them look nice.

OK.  I am a guy.  You have dark shoes, dark hair, and a dark hand bag.  Right?

Oh, come on.

This is hair site.  You are on the prowl.  I want to be noticed.  I want to know if you look good.  So, it's evening.  Time to hunt.  What are you looking for?  A glance?  Just a glance?  From who?

EVERYONE!!

You have dark hair... and the most appropriate top to have your nice styled hair that falls beyond your shoulders?

Very light.  Because it's a nice contrast.  The area below your waste.  Taste and classic beauty.  It's dark.  Shoes?  Probably dark.  Not one pair, but two.  High heels for the hunt.  Low and comfortable... for just getting around.  If you don't have a car to do this with... something in between.  A heel, but not unforgiving.

So, your hair is inviting.  So, feminine and mysterious to the guys who say... look at you!

What color are your nails?  Conservative?  Just a polish.  A bad darkness... like killer black?  Inviting?  Red?  No beating around the bush.  And how long is your nails?

Now, we are back to square one.  Some of you ladies want nice long nails and make them so.  Nice girly well formed nails.

Yeh... I know.  I am patronizing you.  But, what is a guy to do?

You ladies know the right products to make sure your nails grow long and strong.  You have time honored remedies.  These remedies create nice strong nails... right?

So, why can't you tell me what it is?  What you use?  I don't think you don't use just anything.

OK... I am a guy... right?  Us guys are programed to seek you out about nails.

Here is a typical guy... wondering about girls...

(Goes back to when he was 7 years old.)  So much bravery for such a time...

"Can I play with you?"

Girl looks up.  "I am playing house."

A sparkle in my eye.  "Hold on."  Goes inside his house.

GI joe.  The most fantastic man ever!  GI joe comes inside barbie house.  Sits behind table.  "What's for dinner?"

"Corned beef and cabbage," she says.

GI joe tries not to throw up.  "I think I will patrol the grounds."

"Why?"

"Because there is bad guys out there?"

"OK."

I patrol the outside of the house.  I killed 300 people!

"Did you find any bad guys?"

"Yeah.  300 bad guys!"

"That's good."  She says.  "I have beautiful hair.  And, beautiful nails."

"Yes you do." I say, automatically

"I want to do your GI joe nails."

AWKWARD.  "Never."

"I won't play with you, anymore.  I will never play with you ever, again!  And, If you don't marry me, I will never play with you!  We must play together and be married, and you must tell me my hair is beautiful, and my nails are beautiful.  And, I want to..."

GI joe is scared.  If he doesn't do this she goes home.  GI JOe is alone, and that will never never do.  GI joe will be bored.  AND, that's not acceptable.  Is it?

"OK."

See ladies?  Guys are programmed for this.  Once guys play with girls, all types of questions come up.  Just one of many.  "So, what is the secret to long strong nails for guitar playing."

See?  Guys know you know.  Once they start down the path of having "Girl" friends, naything goes...

So what is the secret? 

Guys like me notice!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 12:27am
Lol I didnt read the last post but i catch the drift i hope. Stronger less brittle nails? They have nail strengthener polish even at sallys beauty supply apply 3-5 times a week then clean off nails with nail polish remover and start over again applying. They have hair skin and nail pills as well. What your nails are made of is calcium mostly so you need to strengthen your nails by adding more calcium to them with the clear polish and vitamin... it will take a while to work so be patient but you will notice a lot with the polish because it will coat the nail giving it layers making it thicker right you probably get it by now. =) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic