Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anne Hathaway - Short pixie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anne Hathaway - Short pixie
    Posted: April 07 2012 at 11:28pm
WOW - http://www.justjared.com/2012/04/08/anne-hathaway-debuts-super-short-hair-for-les-miserables/
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 12:31am
I would definitely not have expected that (especially since it's a rather critical point that Fantine is blonde (it says her dowry would be gold and pearls, with the gold being her hair and the pearls being her perfect teeth).

These can't possibly be the best shots she's capable of with it, so I'll hold back a solid judgement, but I do get the sense that while it may not look bad, it won't be her best look. <i>The Devil Wears Prada</i> length and bangs are a hard combo to beat.

But kudos for her being brave enough to give this a go...
bob&pixieLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob&pixieLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 5:12am
i think it is going to look great once better pictures surface...

very disappointing that she didn't do it before filming the dark knight seeing as catwoman traditionally has a pixie...

as a fan of the character this makes me sad

:(
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 8:50am
Anne wore a pixie wig for "One Day" and got a positive reaction she got from the crew and friends who weighed in. So she was going to cut her hair short for real, but Chris Nolan wanted it long for Catwoman.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2011/08/anne_hathaways_hairy_situation_and_catwoman_workout.php

I don't know about recently, but I was a kid Catwoman had long hair.
http://batmanytb.com/comics/titles/batman/301_400/covers/batman398.jpg
http://www.catwomanfan.com/en/comics/golden_age/images/batman84cover.jpg
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1adfyekxy1r6y0p9o1_400.jpg

I think it's best to reserve judgment. Sometimes the first pictures don't reflect how the haircut looks usually. I remember when Alyssa Milano cut her hair, the first pictures were in People and didn't look that good. Later, her pixie looked great.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 8:57am
While Fantine is blond, she does sell her hair in the play. It isn't supposed to look good after she does that. Still, I'd guess they'd dye her hair blond if she was going to cut it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob&pixieLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 4:20pm
she has had short hair in the comics for about the last 15 years... and for a short while in the 80s. i think it suits her personality better!! http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9800000/Catwoman-batman-villains-9849972-524-792.jpg
alleny33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alleny33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 6:40pm
Even the Today Show for Sunday talked about Anne's super short haircut which they said is not a wig but truly a short short haircut.  Supposedly she is being hounded by the media to get photos of it.  The Today Show did not have a good shot either.
Anne%20Hathaway%20-%20Anne%20Hathaway%20Shows%20Off%20Her%20Short%20Hair!!

alleny33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alleny33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 6:45pm
More Anne but from front.  You can even see her scalp.  Bizarre.  Isn't she getting married soon?  I know she cut it for a role but really?

Anne%20Hathaway%20-%20Anne%20Hathaway%20Shows%20Off%20Her%20Short%20Hair!!

Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 7:11pm
She had the opportunity to play Fantine in "Les Miserable." That's a killer part that many many actresses would kill to play. It's coming out December 14, so people likely think there are Oscar possibilities.

Natalie Portman shaved her head in a movie that wasn't a legendary part in a classic book/play and wasn't going to get her an Oscar. The list of actresses who cut their hair for a killer role (e.g. Sienna Miller, Rooney Mara) is long. If Anne didn't do it, I'm sure there were a dozen other big name actresses who would've been in the salon chair in 15 minutes.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 7:35pm
Once we get a better pic, one without her hand hiding it, I think it will be ok, but too short...probably will look better once a little grow out.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 7:37pm
I believe she wanted to cut it for the role.  I don't think a wig would have diminished the artistic vision of the film, but sometimes, actors want to take on as much of the physical manifestations of the person they are portraying as possible, that, plus the interview where she said she wanted to cut her hair off leads me to believe she wanted to, and this role was as good an excuse as any...
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 8:53pm
Dang it! And I was having such a Happy Easter.

Anne%20Hathaway%20Steps%20Out%20with%20Super%20Short%20Hair%20|%20Anne%20Hathaway

Who has more fun than people?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 11:12pm
Somehow the look is less startling than I would have expected.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 12:12am
It's only a haircut Kramer...don't let it ruin your Easter!  Hope you had a happy Easter anyway!

Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Dang it! And I was having such a Happy Easter.

Anne%20Hathaway%20Steps%20Out%20with%20Super%20Short%20Hair%20|%20Anne%20Hathaway

orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 8:23am
I truly love it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob&pixieLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 1:21pm
i also think it looks great!! looking dforward to some better pics!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 2:45pm
     A woman need a perfect face to carry this cut. This is WAY too short for her.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

A woman need a perfect face to carry this cut. This is WAY too short for her. [IMG]smileys/smiley11.gif" align="middle" />

Actually, I think her face is so unusual that she gets away with it quite well.

Not really likely to be a style for the long term, though.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 7:49pm
I think she looks awesome; can't wait for better pictures.
HAWG
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 7:29am
I can't wait for the grow out. If she does.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic