Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anne Hathaway - Short pixie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2012 at 7:27pm
It's grown out a little and looks better

HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2012 at 7:29pm
Wow, that extra half-inch makes all the difference. Much better. Still not a short-hair marvel like Chyler Leigh, I think her facial features are too big for that, but pretty nice.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2012 at 8:15pm
It's cute -- Not her best look, but definitely cute and a very nice change of pace.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2012 at 10:18pm
Looking better as it grows out...I am still thinking another 1/2 inch or so
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 1:05am
Not bad: her style seems to affect her "look" less than is the case with many celebs. AH's features are so unusual that they are always the first thing you notice, whatever her style may be.
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 1:20pm
While I am still not a big fan of this look on her, I do agree that it is looking better as it grows out a bit. 
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 2:28pm
   "While I am still not a big fan of this look on her, I do agree that it is looking better as it grows out a bit."

Yes, this is an improvement, but I still say that she should have worn a wig for the movie. Oh well, an amazing number of comments about a bad cut.

Edited by Bob S - July 10 2012 at 2:29pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2012 at 12:34am
Did anyone catch Anne Hathaway in a guest appearance on Wednesday night's David Letterman show? I didn't see the whole show, but in a promo, Dave asks Anne to come back when her hair grows out. I loved it. Anne snapped back that she would come back when Dave had the right-lengthed tie. Anyone catch the rest of the exchange?

Who has more fun than people?
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 1:03am

"In the musical, the 29-year-old star plays Fantine, a struggling mother who is forced to cut and sell her long, flowing locks in a bid to help provide for her child, who was born out of wedlock.

Producers offered to fit Hathaway with a wig so she wouldn't have to chop off her own locks, but the gutsy beauty took a risk and allowed hairdressers to give her a pixie crop.

However, The Devil Wears Prada star didn't expect to be so heartbroken by her decision.

She explains, "I wasn't expecting it to be such a big deal because it was my idea. It's something I've wanted to do for such a long time and I knew it was something that the character did, so I offered it to the director and he said yes.

"Then, as it got closer, I just thought, 'Oh, well, I can't really take it back now.' I've done back flips out of windows, I've jumped off of buildings and yet cutting my hair reduced me to, like, mental-patient-level crying. I was inconsolable.""

link
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 12:39pm
She actually cut it shortly before she went on the show, she may stick with the look for a while...
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Did anyone catch Anne Hathaway in a guest appearance on Wednesday night's David Letterman show? I didn't see the whole show, but in a promo, Dave asks Anne to come back when her hair grows out. I loved it. Anne snapped back that she would come back when Dave had the right-lengthed tie. Anyone catch the rest of the exchange?

This Letterman has become one rude and surly man. Anne KNOWS that a lot of men don't like short hair on women. A question about Anne's feelings about it is fair game, I think. But that comment is beyond the pale. One can't allow one's feelings about a disappointing haircut to metastasize into a personal insult.
     I do predict that Anne might get what I call a "reinforcement" haircut. It will stick it to the critics, and prove to her in her mind that the cut was a good choice in the first place.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 5:20pm
Given that Bob has taken a lot of criticism on this board from time to time, I'd just like to say that he's always seemed admirably well balanced to me--as evidenced by his nuanced take on the Hathaway/Letterman exchange above. He definitely doesn't allow himself to get carried away in the heat of the moment as much as some people on here (Thou Shalt Be Nameless!)
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 6:16pm
Letterman compared her, favorably, to Audrey Hepburn, which led Anne Hathaway to say she was blushing at the kind words. Dave has gotten kind of surly in the past decade, but he can still be funny, he can, of course, be a bit of an ass too. In this interview, he seemed to be being nice to her. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got watching it.
Peace to all
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 8:45pm

Well I don`t think it looks great on her but she did it for her career and a great opportunity and for that I have to give her credit for being brave and doing what was required for the role. Her hair will grow back again so it isn’t the end of the world.

The haircut really does change her whole look, but she is still beautiful and talented and this change isn’t forever.

Skip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 9:45am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2206541/Anne-Hathaway-wows-glamorous-floral-sheer-gown-attends-New-York-City-Ballet-Gala.html

I am no expert so a question for all you hairdressers out there. Is Anne actually growing her hair or keeping it short?

I ask because it is some 6/7 months since her chop and I would think that even with the odd trim her hair would be longer than in these photos. I know that even in the grow out stage there have to be trims from time to time, here it looks freshly cut so perhaps she likes the pixie cut look after all the initial tears.

I have to say in these pictures and at this length she looks stunning. Stunning with long hair as well but many celebs seem to be happy at the moment with really cropped hair.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 9:58am
I'm not a hairdresser, but it is pretty clear she is keeping it short, and it looks wonderful on her Thumbs%20Up
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 10:35am
      This looks like a "stick it to the critics" attempt. I think that she has learned how to style it well enough, but "well enough" is not particularly attractive on her, IMO.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 1:27pm
Yes, she's keeping it like that for a while. I'd be amazed if it wasn't long again in 2-3 years time.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 1:58pm
I think she looks great. May not be her best style, but I'm not complaining!
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2012 at 2:08pm
She's said repeatedly she's wanted to do this for a while.

When she was on Letterman two months ago she said she'd cut it that day. While she didn't like it at first, she was loving it because it took no time to get ready in the morning. She said that she could get a later call on a movie and "go in with the boys."

What's moreis that Anne is getting married some time in the next year on a date that likely won't be made public. Most women want longer hair for their wedding. She'll be a pixie girl.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic