Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thick Hair - Flat Iron Temps.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2012sunnydays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2012sunnydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thick Hair - Flat Iron Temps.
    Posted: May 07 2012 at 1:15pm
I have very thick coarse hair, when I have short cuts it poufs out more so I'm growing longer. Question: I have a ceramic Paul Brown. What temp do you put your iron on? I have the setting on 320. I'm too nervous to put higher but as you can see from pic. doesn't flatten all those thick layers. Plus I use alot of conditioners, frizz products, heat protectors etc.? I'm new to this forum.  I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 3:18pm

I think your hair looks pretty good from that photo, it doesn’t look frizzy and it looks straight. Sometimes when hair is not straightened to be bone straight it looks better and has more body and fullness.

If you think you need more heat to achieve your desired style then start by turning your flat iron up to the very next heat setting and see if that works. Don’t go over 450 because hair tends to burn at 451 degrees but up until 450 use whatever setting works best to get the results you want using a heat protectant at all times. Hair that is thick and coarse tends to need a higher  heat setting and can usually handle the higher heat setting because of its texture unless it is already very damaged.

Edited by Ericachristina - May 25 2012 at 3:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic