Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! I tried going from red to blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caincandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caincandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! I tried going from red to blonde
    Posted: June 06 2012 at 4:14pm
So after three years of having red hair (I used Feria R68). I really wanted a change.I wanted to go blonde.

I went to a salon to try to get this look, one that came recommended by my mother...

It looks almost nothing like the photo, I never thought Id get it exactly like the picture but this is absolutely just wrong. For some reason she thought that by dying my hair a "neutral" color she could get rid of the red without bleaching(I told I didn't mind a bleaching if it would get me the look I wanted) but she chose a light brown saying she could do the look without bleaching, which ended up looking almost black on top of my red hair) and then lighten it of with Highlights all over. It just looks so unnatural and I am not happy. They said I could go back for more highlights but I feel like thats just not going to work.
Should I just buy a light blonde hair dye and do it myself?
Should I just ask the stylist to to that?
Or should I do like she says and just get more highlights?

I'm just frustrated I paid $200 for something I am not happy with at all.
Before-
What I wanted-
After- (sorry cell phone picture)

In the sun-

Edited by caincandi - June 06 2012 at 5:12pm
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 4:43pm
Unfortunately, its very hard to become blonde instantly especially when you've been dying your hair. I think the stylist did what was appropriate. I always find that my hair lightens a bit within the first few days of having it done; but I think you will want to go back and have the stylist add a few more highlights in. The picture of what you wanted is not a bleach blonde & does appear to have a significant amount of brown in it. Even if your hair had always been professionally dyed it would still require a few sessions to get blonde without ruining/damaging your hair.
caincandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caincandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 5:08pm
Yeah I'm not necessarily blaming the stylist, but I feel like she should have told me it would not turn out how I wanted. I knew going from red to a blonder color would be a process since I had gone from black to blonde before. I told her I wanted it to look natural. It does not look natural. That's the problem I have. I wanted the colors to be better blended and I don't think she understood that. I even mentioned it didn't have to be the exact blonde in the picture I just liked how it looked well blended and natural. I just want to know if there is a way I can make it look better, by either dying the whole thing lighter? Or do you think highlights will actually help..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic