Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Charlize Theron Shaves her Head

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlize Theron Shaves her Head
    Posted: June 08 2012 at 5:32pm
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 5:39pm
Could this be what Karen was speaking of in the Portia De Rossi thread?

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 6:10pm
I'm totally okay with this. Even if (somehow) she doesn't look good, it will take all of, like, three weeks until she's at Astronaut's Wife length again, at which she looked downright incredible.
Ginny Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginny Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 6:15pm
One of the most beautiful women in the world, IMHO. I think she will look fantastic.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 9:09pm
I agree with what Klaatu48 said; whenever I think of Charlize I think of her in the Astronaut's Wife; I loved that look on her.  Can't wait to see pictures; really hoping for a video.
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 12:01am
Charlize looked so great promoting whatever movie she is in that just came out. She did several of the late-night talk shows. If she truly got her head shaved, it was probably in her contract that she had to promote the current pic first.

I'm not a big proponent of hair shaving. I've had two female friends to it, supposedly to bring attention to the fight against cancer, and in both cases, their hair grew back much thinner. I still don't know how it brought more attention to cancer. We all know about it, don't we?

Anyway, I prefer to think of Charlize with hair, not without hair.
Who has more fun than people?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Charlize looked so great promoting whatever movie she is in that just came out. She did several of the late-night talk shows. If she truly got her head shaved, it was probably in her contract that she had to promote the current pic first.

I'm not a big proponent of hair shaving. I've had two female friends to it, supposedly to bring attention to the fight against cancer, and in both cases, their hair grew back much thinner. I still don't know how it brought more attention to cancer. We all know about it, don't we?

Anyway, I prefer to think of Charlize with hair, not without hair.

Kramer, you expressed what I've thought for a long time. I don't get the point. One woman, who will remain nameless, popped up on youtube with her super long hair that she was ready to shave for cancer. I asked her to reconsider. Frankly, I felt badly for her after it was done. Susanne Kalb was another one a few years back, although I'm not sure it was done for charity.
     I thought that Charlize looked about as good as any woman I've ever seen with a short crop. But shaved? No thanks. Women may do as they wish, and *I* don't have to pretend that I'm supportive of it, I suppose. Bob
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 3:32pm
Congratulations! Nearest thing to genuine news on this board for a long time.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 4:00pm
looks to be true: It does look like a buzzcut...the girl is gorgeous regardless!

http://www.toofab.com/2012/06/11/charlize-theron-buzzes-off-haircut-photos/

Wish she'd ditch the hat.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 4:06pm
http://www.gossipcenter.com/charlize-theron/photo/charlize-theron-jackson-8
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 5:33pm
     Judging by the summertime skull cap, I'll bet that she's not very happy about the cut. Can't say I blame her.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 9:16pm

Can't wait for a hatless pic...I'll go out on a limb and say she will look beautiful (Ha Ha...not much of a limb there)

trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 10:43pm
Charlize is one of the few actresses that I would not worry about the shaved head look on. she was stunning with he ultrashort pixie and it will only take a matter of weeks before she is there again.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 12:34am
I don't think it's right that the stalkarazzi take pics of the kids...
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 10:19am

So...she loses all credibility if her hair is short?
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

So...she loses all credibility if her hair is short?

Wow, there's an irrational leap. 

To Kramer's point, it would make sense that she did it after the Prometheus and Snow White press tours since it inevitably would have made the conversation about her head and her NEXT flick rather than the two she was currently promoting.

To be extraordinarily pragmatic, this is two weeks past Snow White's debut and one week after Prometheus.  Given the speed of news cycles these days, the entertainment sites have already shifted from "the fairest in the land" articles with K-Stew and Charlize, and shifted to the strong female sci-fi leads articles.  Given that the buzzcut is for the Mad Max reboot - another sci-fi/fantasy/action flick - it falls in a similar vein and doesn't disrupt the publicity "narrative" as if it had come on the heels of the Snow White premiere.

Then again, that's all speculation, no matter how much sense it seems to make. Wink

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 1:09pm
I stand by my post. 
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 4:54pm
Think what you want, Arch, but if I produced Charlize's movies I'd want her looking gorgeous and have gorgeous hair. I wouldn't want her head shaved if it wasn't buzzed in the movies. It has nothing to do with credibility. I believe Charlize with beautiful hair would get more positive attention than Charlize with her head shaved. I'll bet it might even be in her contract.
Who has more fun than people?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 8:43pm

Think what you want, Arch, but if I produced Charlize's movies I'd want her looking gorgeous and have gorgeous hair. I wouldn't want her head shaved if it wasn't buzzed in the movies. It has nothing to do with credibility. I believe Charlize with beautiful hair would get more positive attention than Charlize with her head shaved. I'll bet it might even be in her contract.

So you would not put her in the Mad Max remake?  What if the original script called for a character with buzzed hair, and Charlize volunteered to cut her hair for the role?  You wouldn't cast her then?  I don't think gorgeous hair would work in a post-apocalyptic world...
bob&pixieLOVER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob&pixieLOVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 11:05pm
need some pics without a hat or beenie....   :( think she is going to look GREAT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic