Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut or grow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Millie1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut or grow?
    Posted: September 06 2012 at 10:41am
Hi,

I have posted here before and been given some good advice, so thought I would try again! About 14 months ago I had my hair cut from long to short. I kept it short for a while, in various styles, and a few months ago I started growing it as I decided I wanted a bob. It is now in that awkward phase where it doesn't look very good, and I'm tempted to cut it again, but at the same time I feel like now I have got this far I may as well keep going. What I want to know is what people think suits me best, or what cut would suit me best if it isn't one I have had, and opinions on what to do. Below are pictures of my hair in various styles.

Long with side fringe - have had various long styles, with and without fringes, and all lengths.

Midlength - I think this was a growing out bob style but I can't really remember!

First short cut

Second short cut, a bit shorter

Shorter short cuts

Current pictures

So, thoughts? Grow it to a bob? Grow it to another style? Go shorter again, and if so what sort of style? Lately I have been finding it a bit irritating as I said, but a couple of people have said they prefer it because it is softer and that I look prettier, so I am thoroughly confused really! Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions!

X posted to Short Hair because that seems to get more replies.

Millie

Edited by Millie1986 - September 06 2012 at 10:42am
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 5:11pm
Thoughts...are you kidding?  There is no choice but to keep it short.  You look awesome with short hair.  I like the very short but the current is cute also.  I would vote to never go back to long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 5:47pm
Haha, you make me laugh! I wasn't actually thinking of growing it long long at the moment, I was thinking about growing it to a kind of messy bob. I just get bored quickly! Changing it is the most fun. I liked it very short, the current is really annoying most of the time, but sometimes looks ok - it is just a growing out style really, ie a nonstyle!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 5:49pm

I think you would look great with longer hair, below shoulder length maybe with some layers

Edited by Ericachristina - September 06 2012 at 5:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 7:04pm
Thanks. I have had it much longer - I have basically had every length from very long (as a child it was past my bum, and then for most of my teens it was waist/mid back length) through to the shortest pixie there is pictures of. I love long hair, but my hair doesn't have much volume - there is a lot of it and it is fine, so it sits very flat - I love bouncy long hair, and hair with a bit of wave and body, or even straight hair with a lot of volume, but my hair was nver like that - it was always very flat, however many layers I had, and however I dried it, which is part of the reason I decidedd to go ahead and cut it - it didn't look how I wanted long hair to look!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2012 at 9:45pm
I like the shorter cut very much; you look awesome in that picture.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2012 at 2:23pm
Thanks HAWG. Have had a little change of plan; I'm now going to be a hair model - I decided growing it wasn't going to work at the moment, and thought that would be a fun thing to do. I'll let you know what happens.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2012 at 10:07pm
That sounds so cool; excited to find out what happens.
HAWG
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 8:51pm
Did you cut it?  Is it any longer than that first picture?

So many people telling you to cut it short.  If you have already done so and you are still here, maybe... just maybe... maybe you don't like it short...

I love the..."I am growing out my bob but I have no idea when..." What a statement.  What a great statement...I have no idea when I did this... but  THIS IS MY PICTURE... and I said... wow... girly, femine and just like girly is supposed to be... and an interesting person to behold...

I am not a stylist.  I am a guy who likes women and long hair... I pretend to be the guy outside chopping wood and wearing jeans, even though he types on these keys... and he likes long hair... you know... the all american guy who is, JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE than what you would expect because he actually see's girls as loveable people who deserves more than to be displayed as trophies.

So when I say, I like your hair long... I like it.  And, there could be a lot of guys like me who see it that way too.  If only they could speak and tell you that...  Maybe you and I should get together and make these idiotic guys see what is already there.  I will go up to them and tell them to look at your beautiful hair and you could point the shot gun at them making them see the point!!!  OK maybe not.  But should be that way!

How many guys are on this site that are not hairstylists?  How many guys atre on this site who wish they were hairstylists?  How many guys love hair and have a type one hair fetish... (TO understand hair fetishes see WIKI... they actually do a good job.  Type ones find hair sexy as much as the other areas, but don't make it the only area... and those that do study pyach so they understand... not only themselves but why guys see  what they do... even the "normal" guys, if you can call them that.

What I am trying to say is that...stylists love to create the styles.  If you love them or not.  Not all. But a majority off them.  everytime you see a magazine, it was created by... those who profit on image... so rest assured you see what they want you to see.  NOT WHAT IS TRUE.  When you watch TV, same thing.  You are spellbound into thinking that what you see is wqhat you should be doing...

But psychiology and sociology show otherwise.

Do not take into heart what you see in the media... that is what they want you top see.  But time honored traditioned like long hair on women which has been around for over 2000 years... now I did it.

Trust the guys...and guys like long hair... they always have and they always will...

At least think about it...
Guys like me notice!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2012 at 9:49pm
I love long hair but on you I LOVE the short cut the most it defines your face and cheekbones so well. Not a lot of girls can pull off a short cut but you can and it looks good so does your color is that your natural color? Beautiful. 
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 7:18am
I prefer long hair normally. But the really short cut...the one with you in the red lipstick is my fave.  :)  I would either say...really short or go longer past the shoulders. ...Not in between. :)
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Sahara_desert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahara_desert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 8:33pm
Wow, I'm so jealous! You are definately one of those people who can pull off both, long and short hair. I would say my two favorite hair cuts would be the first pic. and the last pic. I wish I could pull off short hair! I think it would be fun to switch it up once in awhile! I think the most important thing is that it's a cut you feel comfortable with. Goodluck!
fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 6:30am
As in your first picture you have long hair and the first pic hair cut suits on you. I suggest you for long hair.
imakitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imakitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 4:36pm
Wow! I looooove the second short cut!
marywells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marywells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 3:14am
All i can say is your hair grow nice and even you have a long and short hair it fits in your face you're really look lovely.In Helsinki Finland many people really cared also about their hair however some are experiencing having a kuiva päänahka or dry scalp which lead to bad look of their hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic