Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forced haircut.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tattoblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tattoblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forced haircut.
    Posted: October 08 2012 at 12:30pm
Im so upset right now. Not really sure what to do.

I was on my lunch break at work on friday. It was coming up to my six week trim for my hair which i had now been growing.
I managed to get the front down to below my jaw and around collar bone lengh (id gues around 12 inchs ish)
I work silly hours and never get a chance to go to the hairdressers often. Anyway im moving 300 miles away in the next few weeks and as i was next to a hairdressers on my break i thought id go in and get my trim.

It was quite a small salon with two memebers of staff, and older lady and a man.
The lady sat me down and asked me what i wanted done. i told her my regular trim.
She started commenting on how lovely my natural hair colour was that was growing through, i have about 2-3 inchs of routs grow through.
I told her i was planning on growing out the bleached part slowly and she agreed it was a good idea.

So after washing my hair and sitting me down in the chair she gave me a magazine to read.
She brushed my hair through and i figured she was going to section it off as she lifted the top hair up between her fingers, so i didnt pay too much attention, Then all of a sudden snip..twelve inchs of my blonde hair was on my lap.

I look up and shes cut all of the blonde hair away down to the routes on the top of my head.
I didnt know what to do, I couldnt tell her to stop as the damage was done.

I thought well maybe she would cut it into a nice pixie cut.

Ive ended up with almost a grade 2 on the sides and the front and about 2-3 inchs of hair left on top.

i look like a boy.

I do have some wigs i could wear but my bf gets freaked out by them.

i know itll grow back eventually..but stil in shock at the moment and hate what she has done to me :-(
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2012 at 2:37pm
OMG...so sorry.  How horrible.

One thought...load up on cute headbands, scarves, loose knit beanies, caps, hats....it helps. 

Thanks for sharing.  Let us know if we can help. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
tattoblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tattoblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2012 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

OMG...so sorry.  How horrible.One thought...load up on cute headbands, scarves, loose knit beanies, caps, hats....it helps.  Thanks for sharing.  Let us know if we can help. 

Yep ive been rocking the one headband that i own. I will need to buy a load more to get me through winter i think.
My hair normally grows very quickly so hopefully a few mobnths and it will be decent enough to look like a nice pixie.
blairgreen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blairgreen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2012 at 6:46am
It is really horrible.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 2:06pm
     IF your story is true, and you really didn't ask for this, you should sue the business and the person who butchered your hair. I've heard of disgusting unwarranted hack jobs before, but this is beyond extreme.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic