Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homemade Hair Recipes - damaged hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
francheskab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francheskab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homemade Hair Recipes - damaged hair
    Posted: December 05 2012 at 2:22pm
Good afternoon, I am a newbie Smile

Ladies, I need some serious advise.  I am a "bi-racial" mother of a little girl, who didn’t inherit my "bi-racial" hair.  With that being said. I feel like I am totally lost when it comes to combing her hair. I suck big time.  Over the course of a few years, her hair had grown long and thick from a regimen of hair greases that I concocted together when she was a baby.  Well, I got a little more than I bargained for.  Her hair became three times the thickness of mine, and nowhere near the same texture. Not to mention she is severely tender-headed.

To make my life easier, (I'm so ashamed to say this, but here it goes) I permed her hair a couple years ago. Not very frequently, (three times within an 18 month period, once every six months). As the new growth started to come in, I would put her hair in braids with beads at the end. (I know that's so old school, but it was cute) As a result her hair has broken off, tremendously. Her hair is severely dry and hard for me to take care of.

Disapprove

I refuse to perm it again, and am looking for a (shampoo/deep condition) remedy to help repair, her hair and grow it out.  Also a pudding/butter (but not too greasy), that I can use for everyday styling. 

I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find the right product, but haven't found it yet.  I like to use thick creamy products, that will hold/lay her hair down, as well as moisturize in the process. Any suggestions?  (sorry for the novel)

Have a *´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day!
Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2013 at 9:16pm
You can apply my below recipe for your damaged hair.

Basic Moisturizing Deep Conditioner

Most deep conditioners need to penetrate the hair shaft so that it can swell and enter the hair and feed it with well needed nutrients. Moisturizing deep conditioners in general are very beneficial to dry hair. This recipe is creamy and can be used once per week for a good moisturizing condition of the hair. You will need the following ingredients:

• ½ cup honey
• 1 ½ cups water
• ½ cup organic coconut milk
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil (olive oil can be used instead but coconut oil is more penetrative)

Blend the ingredients thoroughly in a food processor or blender and heat in sauce until warm. The mixture should be able to be handled without burning your fingers. Do not overheat. Apply to hair from root to tip and then cover with a plastic cap and then let it steam for an hour. You can leave it on for more if you want your hair to be super soft.

Hope this work. :)

Have a nice day !!!

Rachel !!!
francheskab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francheskab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2013 at 8:32am
Thank you soooo much.  I am willing to try anything.  The fact that this recipe is all natural, is even better. Wink
Have a *´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic