Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amanda Seyfried

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 11:50am

Nice detective work here, guys.  Personally, I saw the pictures and was stunned when I thought that she had cut it on her own volition.  Especially given her semi-frequent comments on how she's loathe to cut her hair and has been lucky that she hasn't had to for a role as yet.

However, that front view above shows that she could probably pull off a short bob or even shorter layered 'do pretty successfully.  Which doesn't necessarily mean she should... Wink

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 5:07pm
March 3 2013: Ahhhh...

Edited by Kramer - March 03 2013 at 5:07pm
Who has more fun than people?
hairyshear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairyshear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 10:06pm
So last time I was wrong, but this time she's actually chopped her hair!

She posted these on instagram today...
https://instagram.com/p/5ulqPhydul/?taken-by=mingey
https://instagram.com/p/5vICrJydjy/?taken-by=mingey

Edited by hairyshear - July 29 2015 at 10:07pm
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 10:10pm
Did she go brunette, too, or is that just the lighting?

Will be anxiously awaiting a better shot, but I'm not hating it.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 10:16pm
Crushed to the point of speechlessness. Why do I come to this site?
Who has more fun than people?
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 10:32pm
Says she donated it to locks of love. Bless her heart!

Pity she didn't go even shorter!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2015 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Crushed to the point of speechlessness. Why do I come to this site?

Take heart, Kramer -- at least it's not a lob. The growout is just a matter of a year or two.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2015 at 11:28am
I must say that I am very surprised.  She always seemed like a die hard long hair girl.  While the cut is pretty generic, it does make her look like she is in her late 20s (which she is) versus looking like a 14 year old.  She is very pretty and can probably wear her hair in just about any style and look great...
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

I must say that I am very surprised.  She always seemed like a die hard long hair girl.  While the cut is pretty generic, it does make her look like she is in her late 20s (which she is) versus looking like a 14 year old.  She is very pretty and can probably wear her hair in just about any style and look great...

Well at least she went with the unique, one-of-a-kind lob instead of something ubiquitous and overdone. Sigh. This trend continues to baffle me. It's like the "Rachel" for women who prefer Vanilla because French Vanilla is too exotic.

That said, I'm with ssjockey on being quick taken aback that she did it, given she's managed to avoid cutting her hair for any roles up to this point and has stated in the past that she was VERY attached to her long hair. It doesn't look bad - really, it's hard to "ugly up" Amanda - but just kinda bland.

Ah well.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2015 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

It's like the "Rachel" for women who prefer Vanilla because French Vanilla is too exotic. 

Easily my favorite quote on this board in recent memory. Perfectly sums up how I feel. 

I'm indifferent to the cut. As with so many cuts recently, it seems pointless, shorter for shorter's sake. Though I suppose there's a silver lining in (temporarily) removing a center part from the world.

Kramer, chin up, I predict a "short" hair panic attack on day 3, and extensions within a month.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2015 at 9:00pm
I too would like to see some better pictures of the cut but I'm liking it so far.
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2015 at 10:10am
re good, but Amanda's eyes can look buggy with the wrong hair style. Bangs are a must.
jug jug to dirty ears
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2015 at 4:33pm
HAWG
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2015 at 10:58pm
it's still in a freaking ponytail....i guess 'short' all relative
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2015 at 11:26am
It's sad to see this time come, but it was inevitable. Amanda will probably never again look as magnificent as she did with longer hair, but I'm sure she doesn't want to look like an aged version of the young woman she's played for years on film. It's time for her to start playing more mature roles and she needs a new look to go with that. I'm still missing young Amanda, though. Where's that "Mama Mia" DVD?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2015 at 11:09pm
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2015 at 5:07am
Hmm....I know of at least one male suitor she would have if she went pixie short  Wink
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2015 at 8:01am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Hmm....I know of at least one male suitor she would have if she went pixie short  Wink

Kramer?
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2015 at 8:57am
Is it weird that I was relieved she said that was because of her weirdly shaped head, rather than the typical "men hate short hair" stance?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2015 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Kramer?

KRAMER would be that suitor? That guy Gord might have gone for her with a pixie cut, but NEVER Kramer! Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic