Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a friend who loves to cut hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ArtemisMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtemisMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a friend who loves to cut hair.
    Posted: January 07 2013 at 12:58pm
Hi.
Let me start off by saying that I'm happily married and I'm looking for someone who just wants to be friends. I know this is the "personals" section but I see other people looking for friends too.
My wife likes my hair when it's a little long and shaggy and I like to have it short  neat. So to compromise, I grow it out for her and when it starts to really annoy me, I get it cut short.
My hairdresser confessed to me that she loved the fact that I did this and said that even though she would make more money if I came in for regular trims, she always looked forward to my tri-yearly visits where she got to buzz & snip off huge clumps of my hair; it's rather thick. So I asked her if she would rather have the money or the fun, she answered "the fun" without hesitation.And it was contagious: I found myself starting to have (almost) as much fun as she was having.
Unfortunately (for me) she moved a couple of years ago when her husband got a new job. I've gotten my hair cut at another place a friend recommended since then and its nice but I'm coming to realize that I miss having a friend who not only had so much fun cutting my hair but liked talking about it too: we didn't just talk about my haircuts, we talked about hers, and some of her other favorite haircuts she's given over the years.
Are there any hairdressers in NY who would like a sporatic client like me to really work-over every few months?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic