Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best ways to wash long hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sandyllama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyllama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best ways to wash long hair?
    Posted: February 09 2013 at 10:08pm
I have long hair down to my waist that is pretty thick and heavy. I have found that when I use certain kinds of shampoos and conditioners that there tends to be a build up of gunk in my hair so I have turned to Head and Shoulders classic clean. I do like H&S but I am finding lots of dandruff in my hair and have difficulty in really cleaning my hair when standing up in the shower. Should I turn to the showerhead and bend over to wash my hair? What do you recommend?
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 10:15pm
I have pretty long hair as well and it is also very thick.

for the build up issues you are having, have you ever tried switching to products that are silicone free? Some people have issues with the silicones in hair products building up, they do sell non silicone products that are more natural and won't build up. Check some out online.

For dandruff there are natural options available.Coconut oil (pure organic unrefined coconut oil) is said to help treat dandruff and dry scalp. You could give that a try.

For washing your hair in the shower I would suggest sectioning your hair. Before you get in the shower section your hair into 4 sections with hair clips or more sections if need be so that each section is manageable. When you get in the shower take one section down at a time and shampoo it add the conditioner and re clip it. Do this for the rest of your head. Do the rest of your shower stuff, allow the conditioner to sit for a while which is more beneficial and then you can rinse your hair.

Hope this helps

Good Luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic