Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winona Ryder, 8 April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winona Ryder, 8 April
    Posted: April 09 2013 at 2:16pm
Not great, but I think she's making the right choice to go with longer hair as she gets older. She'd look too skinny and insignificant with her old look.

jug jug to dirty ears
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 3:43pm
Bangs and a lighter color would help.

Edited by fatmoogas - April 09 2013 at 3:44pm
jug jug to dirty ears
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 8:14pm
Yawn... Nothing interesting to see here. Move along.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by makeitshort makeitshort wrote:

My sincere apologies for wasting your time.
jug jug to dirty ears
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 12:54am

I dare say your comment was much more of a waste of my time than the update on Winona. If you have nothing to add, please "move along" and keep your comment to yourself. Fatmoogas posts more news and more insightful comments on here than most posters. And Winona's new style is welcome as well. I'll bet if Winona had shorter hair, you wouldn't be yawning. Biting my tongue on further comments.

Edited by Kramer - April 10 2013 at 12:59am
Who has more fun than people?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 1:28am
Thank you for the update. I wanted to see her go longer and Am glad she is trying it out.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Thank you for the update. I wanted to see her go longer and Am glad she is trying it out.

I agree.
jug jug to dirty ears

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

I dare say your comment was much more of a waste of my time than the update on Winona. If you have nothing to add, please "move along" and keep your comment to yourself. Fatmoogas posts more news and more insightful comments on here than most posters. And Winona's new style is welcome as well. I'll bet if Winona had shorter hair, you wouldn't be yawning. Biting my tongue on further comments.

Wow Gord. And you called had the f*ing nerve to call me a dick once. Good god...

I guess I forgot you are the arbiter of what is and isn't an appropriate post,

And to think I was going to stop calling you Gord. Fool me once...

Edited by makeitshort - April 15 2013 at 11:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

My post was meant to just indicate I find the style boring.  Wasn't meant as an attack on you posting it. Sorry if you interpreted it that way.

You have made comments  in threads that simply state your like or dislike of a style, haven't you?  If I had just said I find the style boring would that have been okay? I was just trying to add a little humor to my post. Next time I'll add an emoticon. Maybe that will help.

Jeez people are touchy these days...
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 12:05pm

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

My post was meant to just indicate I find the style boring.  Wasn't meant as an attack on you posting it. Sorry if you interpreted it that way.You have made comments  in threads that simply state your like or dislike of a style, haven't you?  If I had just said I find the style boring would that have been okay? I was just trying to add a little humor to my post. Next time I'll add an emoticon. Maybe that will help.Jeez people are touchy these days...

Would have been more interesting to have had your in-depth thoughts about why you think it would be better for Winona to have short hair at this point in her life.
jug jug to dirty ears

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 12:53pm
Are you saying I shouldn't post unless I have something in depth to say?

What about if I my post had just said "Hum-drum"? Would that have been an acceptable post in your opinion?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 1:39pm
"humdrum" would have ben direct and to the point. For the sake of curiosity, I would have preferred to hear WHY you thought it humdrum--but, yes, it would have been better. As you only have about 500 posts after 11 years on here, our expectation is that you only decide to post when you have a strong point of view to convey.

It would help if before posting you considered whether your post might cause offence. I have learned a bit from past mistakes and do this myself.
jug jug to dirty ears

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 2:21pm
Oh good god. You can't really be serious. Just saying "humdrum" would have been better?  If I had just said "Yawn"  & left out the other, would that have been okay?

Should I run all potential posts by you & Gord to see if they meet both of your standards for posting here?

My original post caused offense? Please...
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 2:30pm

Oh good god. You can't really be serious. Just saying "humdrum" would have been better?  If I had just said "Yawn"  & left out the other, would that have been okay? Should I run all potential posts by you & Gord to see if they meet both of your standards for posting here?My original post caused offense? Please...

"Yawn" is not "humdrum". Yawn suggests a criticism of the poster while "humdrum" is an opinion of what is posted. What you need to consider is that both Kramer and myself--quite independently--saw your post as offensive.
jug jug to dirty ears
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 2:18pm
Cute, high pony tail: on Jimmy Fallon.

jug jug to dirty ears
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 12:25am
isn't she getting a little old for such cutsie styles?  just wondering.

Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by P-nut gallery P-nut gallery wrote:

isn't she getting a little old for such cutsie styles?  just wondering.

I think everyone should adhere to a bit of advice I once heard from one of those top celebrity stylists: Dress for your personality, not your age.

That's always been my philosophy and always will. I suspect Winona will, too.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:16pm
jug jug to dirty ears
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 3:42pm
Looking good.

jug jug to dirty ears
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 10:52am
Interesting look for WR.

jug jug to dirty ears
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic