Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairdresser disaster. My fault.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poppyskyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppyskyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairdresser disaster. My fault.
    Posted: May 25 2013 at 6:56pm
So I was gonna do Ombré hair today... Saturday afternoon..

Btw, hi everyone!! My name is Poppy. I am Dominican. In this hair thing, I am a newbie. Anyway, I would like to share my terrible experience.

So I decided to try out the Ombré look. Just for a change for this summer. This is my first time actually dying my hair with permanent dye and above all, A GOLDEN BLONDE SHADE!

I was supposed to get dyed on the tips of my hair, to make it more like a dip dyed style. not so ombré maybe, since I wasn't gonna take the triple process of degrading my hair and eventually bleaching into a lighter shade each time.

Well I let the hairdresser convince me to try out and dye the FRONT of my hair. Meaning, the bangs.......

Terrible mistake.

The hair that comes out of my scalp, is literally golden while the rest is ok, I like the shade. But the roots are terribly blonde. The tips are fine too. Everything would have been great if I only didn't let her dye my roots as I initially told her I didn't want to. But I guess my lack of decision and my inexperience didn't play in my favor.

What can I do? Dye it entirely dark brown (at home) and forget about ombré looks, or just dye (at home or at the salon) the roots of my hair back to dark brown or black? Or maybe just wait until the hair grows back so I can gradually cut it...??
I don't know what to do with these horrible golden really light blonde roots.

I wish someone who actually knows about this would answer my question.

I look forward to your answers.

Sincerely,

The silly girl with blonde roots.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic