Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kelly Ripa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 10:27pm
She got about 2" cut (that is what she said  on the show)...said she is working toward a chin length bob.  Apparently, her husband likes short hair. 
Cutting her hair is dramatic for her so she is taking it slowly (very slowly, in my mind)
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 7:28am

I've gone from "not minding" Kelly's haircut to hating her style. Sorry, I think she's meant to have long hair. In fact, I roll my eyes every time I see her in a commercial with long hair. When was that story posted? Her hair has been in that style or a similar style for weeks now.

Edited by Kramer - August 01 2013 at 7:30am
Who has more fun than people?
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

She got about 2" cut (that is what she said  on the show)...said she is working toward a chin length bob.  Apparently, her husband likes short hair. 
Cutting her hair is dramatic for her so she is taking it slowly (very slowly, in my mind)

Mark only needed to be with her for 17 years to get her to go short.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 8:18am
Not too impressed with her style at this stage. I'm always a little bummed when women simply cut length without changing the shape of the style to compliment the shorter length. This bang-less style now seems to hang heavier and more awkwardly on her than before, as if she's peeking through a short, wavy, triangle shaped wig that's set too low on her head.

Maybe when she gets to her final length she'll at least try a side part. She had bangs around 2006 and looked fantastic with them, not sure why she abandoned them.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 8:47am
Well, she's been wearing it with a messy wave look and I don't think it works very well for the new length. I think when she finally wears it straight again it will look much better at this length.
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2013 at 1:19pm
Yesterday she had some red and pink in her hair, mentioned she wanted candy cane color. Said its dye and also glows in black light, said she wants it for NYE parties.
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 6:37pm
They're running prerecord programs this week and probably next. I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back in a couple of weeks with some sort of pixie cut. She's been saying she may go even shorter. We'll see.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2013 at 7:09pm
Hope you are right, Ricc
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2013 at 6:23pm
We can sure hope
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2013 at 9:47pm

Geez, you guys talk about us long hair lovers as if we're evil and strange. Short hair lovers often dominate on here. Please don't speak for all of us when you say the collective "we," orangenoise. I enjoy "Kelly and Michael" being off for the week. Kelly Ripa has longer hair in the reruns. When Regis left the show, Kelly's overall cuteness (including long hair at the time) was one of the reasons that kept me watching. Now that she's gone with short hair, it's all about the guests, not the hosts. Notice that in all the hair product commercials starring Kelly, she still has long hair. I would think she had to keep her hair at a longer length to do the commercials and it was probably in her contract. Perhaps the contract expired. You don't see many pixies in hair product commercials.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 12:01am
quite right you are Kramer, we get on you for the same thing, WE should not generalize like the opinion of one is better, or more correct than the other!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 11:57am
Well don't get me wrong. I'm a long hair lover, too, but I also love short  hair when it works well. Anyway, this morning Kelly & Michael did a new opening to a mostly rerun show and she's still got her bob. Yesterday they repeated last year's Christmas eve show, though, and I'll have to admit it made me miss her longer hair. The below shoulders style really worked for her.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2013 at 12:01pm
Not sure short would be the best style for Kelly. I like this current mid-length, but at times her head seems large for her petite frame. I don't want to see her look like a bobblehead.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2015 at 3:32pm
Kelly Ripa has joined the pink hair club. Yawn

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/10/trend-report-celebs-rock-pink-hair/21193910/

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2015 at 4:55pm
I've seen worse but still don't like pink hair!
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2015 at 8:36pm
She's done slight pink before and as she said on the show, she likes doing something out of the box to her hair prior to vacation...so it's all good, although I'm a fan.
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2015 at 10:48pm
Going on a vacation, looking bad...hmm. Oh well whatever floats her boat.  Fan of her...not the pink hair.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 7:08am
Sad, that she has to have short hair to please her husband!
jug jug to dirty ears
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 6:27pm
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 7:22pm
The fact that her eyebrows now don't match is kind of bothering me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic