Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kelly Ripa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kelly Ripa
    Posted: May 31 2013 at 6:29pm
Don't have pics but looks like she's cut hair shorter than its been in a while and last 2 days on show wore it straight...looked great. She's had a history of different styles but no recent changes, hope more to come.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 9:52pm
Is this what you were talking about?
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 9:57pm
It's a fair bit shorter and for a few days she's worn it much straighter than usual, though I suspect she'll still curl it now and then. I've gotten the impression she'd kind of like to try a very short style-- probably because she never has before. While I'm sure she'd be beautiful at any length, I kind of hope she won't. It's fun to see the different styles she can do with long hair.
Freword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 12:35pm
Not at all
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 1:58pm
Yeah.... just don't like this straighter iteration at all. No life to it. Is it being punished for something?

I recall vaguely that way back when she started co-hosting with Regis she had a shorter (and much browner) straight bob, definitely above the shoulders, maybe even chin length. So I think she has tried a shorter style, maybe wants to return to it.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 10:37pm
Kelly Ripa has admitted using extensions for years, even stating it on the show. Here is a photo of her removing some extensions. Unfortunately, the video on the site is no longer working:
http://www.hairextensiongeek.com/blog/187/.html

And for those of you desiring a shorter-haired Kelly, hers is a link to a series of highlights from several shows, featuring Kelly getting her hair cut on one of the show and coming out on stage with her new style on the next show. These shows are dated since Regis is still her co-host: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kelly+ripa+extensions&view=detail&mid=83A136783757414D436F83A136783757414D436F&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR&qpvt=kelly+ripa+extensions

Who knows what her real hair looks like now. Of course, the same can be said for so many celebrities.
Who has more fun than people?
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2013 at 9:02am
Kelly's hair is pretty much just a TV image thing for her, I think. She seems to wear it up in bun or something most of the time away from the studio. I'll have to admit that's often been what the case with people who've ended up doing a radical short cut at some point. I don't care, though. I'll love her any way she looks.
Layers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2013 at 8:31pm
Kelly has said repeatedly on the show that she prefers long hair. She stated how all of the crew knows that even 1/2" trims are a tragic experience for her.
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2013 at 12:36pm
No pics (sorry) but Kelly came back from a week long vacation and hair looks a bit shorter...and looks good. If they allow it I could see her continuing this process.
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 12:15am
Hmmm... seems like every time there's an update on KR, she just looks older with the same hairstyle.
dwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 9:06am
Yea, not a big fan of her recent "look". To me her color is too white. Makes her look washed out, IMO. I like her with a LOB.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 11:16am
I think she said once she was keeping it blonde because it's easier to hide gray. (That may have been Kathie Lee Gifford though.)

That battle only gets tougher, so that may be why her blonde is only getting blonder.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
dwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 8:33am
Hey Kelly Ripa lovers,
She admitted this morning to another haircut yesterday; going a little shorter (shoulder length bob) and a little darker. She said she was cutting it shorter in "stages" and would eventually like to be wearing a chin length bob some day in the future. Can someone post a photo of this latest cut? 
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 12:31pm
I don't have a problem with the new haircut, but I don't think it does her face any favors. Maybe Kelly also changed makeup because she did not look good today.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 10:24pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 12:28am
Thanks for posting the photo. On second thought, maybe it was the haircut.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 1:50am
Yes, thanks for the photo.  The lob works on so many people but it's not working for Kelly.  It might be the styling but she either needs to go shorter or find another way to fix it.
HAWG
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 2:20am
...or it may be that big billboard...er forehead it accentuates.
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2013 at 9:55am
Boy, you guys are a tough audience. I love this cut. Incidentally, she and I  have the same haircut now (but it looks way better on  her).

Here's a better shot:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/173326225-salma-hayek-is-a-guest-on-live-with-kelly-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUodFWEQJGCKaNvoStJxVkBX6ajaNaSmOC1xh0D2ID45e3wm0ZgCwqRUI9ldPA1ujw==
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 6:17pm
The teaser for this article said she debuts dramatic new cut; it looks the same as what she's been sporting lately on the show.

HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic