Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WATER FAST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shinning_likeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WATER FAST
    Posted: June 03 2013 at 4:36am
Hi there, have you ever tried water fasting to reduce weight, i have suggested few easy way to do it and loose weight with water fasting
Follow a Water FastLamp
    1    Try replacing a single meal with pure water. If you have never fasted, take small steps to prepare your body for the challenge of fasting.
        Consider skipping lunch and just drinking water or unsweetened, unflavored seltzer water in its place.
    2    Try a 24-hour water fast. Prepare for 7 days before a 24-hour fast. Start by removing foods and drinks high in sugar, fat, and caffeine 7 days before you intend to begin your water fast.
    3    Replace unhealthy foods with lean proteins, salads, and fresh produce. Increase your water intake each day until you are comfortable consuming at least a half-gallon each day.
    4    Consider taking herbal supplements or finding a safe water additive to balance electrolytes. Although the water fast does not permit sweeteners or solid food during the fast, it often recommends prune supplements or natural salts to prevent water intoxication.
    5    Sip unsweetened green tea for breakfast and seltzer water for lunch. Any time you feel discomfort or hunger pains, drink additional water. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to the green tea or seltzer to add some flavor if desired.

Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 8:45am
I have done a detox before to help purify my body by cutting out sweets, sugar, bread, gluten, fruits, diary, artificial flavors and preservatives, red meat etc. I drank a lot of water, ate a lot of green foods, grains and lean meat for 3 weeks. It was a bit of a shock to my body at first and then I had to add those foods slowly back into my diet again after 3 weeks but it was great. I don't believe in drinking nothing but water all day, I don't think it is healthy and it can slow down your metabolism making you gain weight when you start eating again. I do however believe in drinking a lot of water through out the day.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 6:08am
One of the dangers of doing any type of fast...water, juice or otherwise...is that if you do it long enough or in a drastic manner it can trigger hair loss.  

Unfortunately, the hair loss may not show up initially, but take 6-9 weeks to start to occur.  This is because fasting can trigger the body to accelerate shedding from the normal growth/shedding cycles.

If you do any type of fasting...limit it to just a few days...or else you may cause hair issues. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic