Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! I need to advice with cutting wavy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PinkDucks89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkDucks89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! I need to advice with cutting wavy hair
    Posted: June 06 2013 at 11:02pm
So I got my hair my hair cut a couple days ago. I guess even though I get my hair cut at Hair Zoo or Super Cuts it ends up coming out okay. (Although, I *always* wish I cut off less). I've finally paid the price.

I asked for my side swept bangs to be cut down to match a picture I found in a magazine. THAT came out okay but then again that's pretty hard to mess up. The rest of my hair is another story. All I wanted was four inches taken off and for her to add layers...my hair is thick and wavy. I believe my hair is type 2B. My hair can be frizzy and poofy and I've found that long hair looks best on my long face.

My hair went more than halfway down my back...although it was weighed down by the length and the fact that I hadn't gotten my hair cut in six months. Those split ends were really bugging me . I want to give the hair stylist the benefit of the doubt because I hadn't washed my hair in a couple days so it looked closer to a 1C. Either that or she just plain sucks at cutting hair.

[This was the fastest haircut in my history--except when I was in fourth grade. My dad got angry and hacked away with my hair with Fiskar scissors .]

I looked in the mirror today and my hair is pretty uneven. My hair is poofy and I'm not sure how to style it. Before I would twirl my wet hair or braid & twist it.   It was really easy to manage. Before I could pull off the "messy" look, if I was too lazy to comb my hair that morning. People would think I spent time styling my hair when all I did was fluff it. My medium-length hair seems a pain to take care of.

Now I have no idea what to do. My hair goes slightly past my shoulders and is curly/wavy/poofy. It's uneven and looks awful(Don't want to post pics). I got wet today in the rain and got more curly except for the hair on the back of my head which looked kind of crimped. I can't braid or twirl my hair because it just adds to the volume of my hair, which it does not need. I also can't straighten my hair because then it will look too flat. I wash my hair every other day so I avoid using a lot of products in my hair otherwise I feel icky on day 2.

Obviously I'm going back to get my hair evened out but I'm not sure if I should let her *fix* the layers/cut.

****Help!*****
What kind of layers are best for wavy hair to minimize wave and volume?
What kind of products can I use to make my hair less wavy? I don't want a perm!
Is it harder to cut wavy hair vs straight or curly?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic