Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rosario Dawson side shave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosario Dawson side shave
    Posted: June 12 2013 at 1:38pm
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 2:09pm
Oh Kramer, Kramer; wherefore art thou, Kramer? Thou wouldst have wept to view this egregious hatchet job.
jug jug to dirty ears
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 2:30pm
Cry Why O' Why?
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 2:52pm
She apparently did this for the Sin City 2 filming but it has been growing out for months, then suddenly reshaved even shorter. Is it for the press tour or just because she liked it?

I have to say that I love Rosario with shorter hair so am not against this. Its not my favorite look but it is kinda fun and the resulting growout should be awesome.

The whole side shave phenomenon is pretty crazy. I never would have figured it would get this much run but the truth is that there has been something really empowering for women shaving all or part of their hair in recent years and it has grown way bigger and more mainstream than I ever would have anticipated.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 4:33pm
     If Amanda Bynes, Avril Lavigne and Cassie are doing it, you KNOW it's gotta be a good idea!  alien

Edited by Bob S - June 12 2013 at 4:33pm
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by trout trout wrote:

The whole side shave phenomenon is pretty crazy. I never would have figured it would get this much run but the truth is that there has been something really empowering for women shaving all or part of their hair in recent years and it has grown way bigger and more mainstream than I ever would have anticipated.

This just happens to be the "Look at me. I'm still beautiful even with an ugly haircut" latest silly trend. Luckily, most intelligent women reject this for themselves. Wink 
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

If Amanda Bynes, Avril Lavigne and Cassie are doing it, you KNOW it's gotta be a good idea!  [IMG]smileys/alien.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="alien" />

That was my thought, too -- I'm not sure Rosario would consider it a compliment to be lumped in any group that holds Amanda as a member at the moment. And Avril and Cassie haven't exactly been household presences lately.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 8:56pm
Well if this keeps up we are going to see a lot more. Now my question is do they keep the longer side long or chop it when the other side gets to to the chin? One thing to watch. Cassie I think cut the the other side off. Not sure on that one.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 11:43pm

This just happens to be the "Look at me. I'm still beautiful even with an ugly haircut" latest silly trend. Luckily, most intelligent women reject this for themselves. Wink 
You're assuming, of course, that people thought Rosario was beautiful to begin with. I was never part of that club. Yet, I strugged to even click on the link that showed the photo of her disasterous new look. As usual when seeing what women are doing to themselves, four words came to mind: "What a dumb ass."

These celebrities are influencing the behaviour of young kids. When a friend of mine saw that her daughter -- an otherwise sweet girl -- had shaved a good portion of the side of her head, the mom said, "Oh God, what about your senior pictures?"
Who has more fun than people?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2013 at 1:30am
Six months later, how's that side shave working for you, Rosario? Those job offers not flocking in like you hoped? Working hard to cover it up in public? Another epic fail.

This month... you can't even tell she had her hair shaved:

Rosario%20Dawson%20Actress%20Rosario%20Dawson%20attends%20The%20Hobbit:%20The%20Desolation%20of%20Smaug%20Expansion%20Pack%20Mobile%20Game%20Launch%20at%20Eveleigh%20on%20December%2011,%202013%20in%20West%20Hollywood,%20California.

Cannes earlier this year:

Rosario%20Dawson%20Cannes%202013%202.jpg

Glory days:

What a waste...

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 7:22pm
Keeping the side shave but much shorter

HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 9:02pm
Doesn't look like a shave anymore.
jug jug to dirty ears
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 10:15am
So she's keeping the side shave and adjusting the rest of her hair to suit it better? 

I don't get women.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Curlyfan Curlyfan wrote:

So she's keeping the side shave and adjusting the rest of her hair to suit it better? 

I don't get women.

As they age, they like to keep changing things up so as to divert your attention.
jug jug to dirty ears
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2014 at 2:59pm
This bad haircut sucks away all the attractiveness from her face. My attitude when I see one of these is,"Just crop it all and start over."  Sleepy
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2014 at 5:43pm
There are times I agree with what Bob said. Take it off and restart.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rainbow Islands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Islands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 8:33am
I always thought that sidecuts/sideshaves are for women who want an "excuse" to get a pixie crop or similar extremely short hairstyle later on down the line. ;) Otherwise, it's not been thought through properly.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Rainbow Islands Rainbow Islands wrote:

I always thought that sidecuts/sideshaves are for women who want an "excuse" to get a pixie crop or similar extremely short hairstyle later on down the line. ;) Otherwise, it's not been thought through properly.

The way a lot of them do it, there's hardly much shaved. Think Carmen Electra or Avril Levigne. I'm not sure there was much shaved here either. As you see, there is a big comb over that could hide the shave at any time. 
jug jug to dirty ears
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 10:36pm

This bad haircut sucks away all the attractiveness from her face. My attitude when I see one of these is,"Just crop it all and start over."  Sleepy
I never considered Rosario attractive, even before this hideous hairstyle. Saw a woman of maybe 50 years old today at the grocery store growing out the partial shave of her very thick hair and wanted to ask her "how's that working out for you?" Instead, I just shook my head within her eyesight and kept walking. Stop the insanity.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2015 at 11:55am
Hiding the side shave on February 27 2015. I wonder if women who shave parts of their head have regrets like so many of us do just having to look at it?

Rosario Dawson - 3rd Annual Noble Awards in Beverly Hills 2/27/2015 9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic