Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eye Makeup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hair4brides View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair4brides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eye Makeup
    Posted: June 26 2013 at 5:38am
Select A Look

Your first approach is to select a superstar or look that you are after to imitate. Eye cosmetics concepts are difficult to come up with on your own, but there are a lot of designs out there for you to imitate. This is an eye cosmetics trick; simulate an individual's look. How will you know who to select? Select someone that has the same complexion and locks shade as you. Examine out what beauty they are using too.

Pick A Feature

A large error that many individuals create when it comes to official create up is that they try to create each of their experience functions a centerpiece. Select either your sight or your mouth and then how to implement cosmetics to improve that functions. The cosmetics you use in the other place should be more simple. Select the place of your experience that is where you get the most enhances.

Regards
Lara Smith
Makeup Artist Brisbane

Edited by hair4brides - June 26 2013 at 5:44am
shinninglikeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinninglikeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 9:26am

Time Required: 10 minutes
Here's How:

1    Prep your eyes with concealer Concealer can be used to cover up under-eye circles or just the bluish discoloration just under your inner eye. To cover dark undereye circles, apply three dots of concealer under each eye. Start at the inner corner where skin tends to be darkest, then under the pupil and the third on the outer edge. Pat, never rub with your ring finger (this finger tends to have the softest pad) until the concealer disappears.
2    Apply eyeshadow primer to your lid Eyeshadow primer is the secret to keeping your shadow in place for hours. If your eyeshadow ends up a greasy pool in your crease, you should invest in a good eyeshadow primer. Eye base will keep shadow in place through workouts, torrential rains and even a night's sleep.
3    Follow with eyeliner You can use liquid liners or an eye pencil, but I prefer to use dark eyeshadows as eyeliners. Wet a slanted brush, then dip in a dark eyeshadow. Line eyes as close to the upper lashes as possible from the inner corner to the outer corner. Follow with liner on bottom eyes, but only line from the middle of the eye out. Smudge the bottom line with a Q-tip or your finger. You don't want a prominent line. For a smokey eye, use a brush to pat in a dark eyeshadow along the upper lid and below the lid. You don't want a stark line, instead you want to blend it so it's "smudge-y." Check out my article, How to Apply Eyeliner for may more eyeshadow options.
4    Apply eyeshadow. It's great to use a three-toned shadow and build from lids to brow (see How to apply eyeshadow). Allowing them to blend into each other like a rainbow is gorgeous, according to celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal. Start with a light color that almost matches your lid. Sweep the color across the lid and up to your browbone. Follow with a medium color across your lid only. Build on this with a darker color in the crease. Blend the colors well.
5    Brighten your eyes with a highlighter This step involves only the inside part of the eye. Putting a bit of your lightest eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eye will brighten it significantly (this is the makeup artist's secret and I use this trick all the time). I usually dab a finger into my lightest eyeshadow and then I press it into the inner corner of my eye where the upper lid meets the bottom lid. This totally makes eyes "pop."
6    Highlight your brow Take the same light eyeshadow and dab it on your browbone, concentrating on your mid-brow outward. Blend with your finger. I like to use Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat just below my brow and just above it, but a super light shadow will do you.
7    Curl lashes An eyelash curler will make even long lashes look more gorgeous. For added effect, you can heat the curler under a blowdryer for a couple seconds. Test curler before applying to lashes because you could burn yourself.
8    Apply mascara Place the wand of your mascara brush at the bottom of lashes and wiggle back and forth. Follow with another few sweeps of the wand. Apply to bottom lashes as well.
jonareynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonareynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 12:56am

Eye lashes play an integral part in women makeup. Keep the following things in mind while doing eye make up

1) Curl your eye lashes
2) Apply a coat of mascara
3) Let the mascara dry

Dayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 7:22pm
All of these are such great tips.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic