Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shailene Woodley impending haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shailene Woodley impending haircut
    Posted: August 02 2013 at 12:59pm
Shailene Woodley, best known for The Secret Life of an American Teenager. begged author John Green for the lead role in "The Fault In Our Stars."

Her character, Hazel Grace Lancaster, has short hair. They “tested lengths recently,” and she will be cutting her hair in approximately “two weeks.”
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 2:00pm
Glad to hear it. I've seen her do a little promo for her current film and thought "Now there's a girl with a bland, shapeless mass of hair who'd probably like to look more grown up and chic right now, hope she starts with a haircut."

Of course, as with all haircuts, it's never the "what," always the "how," so all rights reserved.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 2:10pm
A pity perhaps.

jug jug to dirty ears
terone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2013 at 6:48am
it's been "about two weeks..." no news yet
MJS9801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJS9801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2013 at 4:39pm
According to John Green's Tumblr, she will be donating it this weekend. Link: http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com/post/58173409309/shailene-woodley-is-cutting-her-hair-this-weekend
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 7:06pm
If you look at her Twitter, it looks like she might be getting her hair cut right now - https://twitter.com/shailenewoodley

Here's a first photo of the cut in process - http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com/post/58462410478/shailenes-hair-for-hazel

Edited by Morgan - August 16 2013 at 7:21pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2013 at 7:32pm
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2013 at 3:07pm
A lot better before--though apparently she's nuts about long hair.

Shailene continued: 'For the past five years I’ve been on an I-want-to-grow-my-hair-as-long-as-possible kick.
'Before cutting it for a project last December, it was almost down to my bum. Holy wow it was long.
'About half way through my hair-growing escapade, I began to deeply look at WHY I was so keen on creating flowing locks down my spine.
'Was it because of my obsession with Pocahontas as a child? Kind of. Was it because of my admiration of Native American culture? Maybe.
'Was it because of my kneading desire to dodge the chemical smell of salon lairs? Oh yes.
'After much thought and curiosity surrounding the subject, I finally came to the conclusion that hair, for me, was a symbol of strength.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2396502/Shailene-Woodley-chops-long-locks-new-role-cancer-victim.html#ixzz2cLx46XUQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
jug jug to dirty ears
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2013 at 8:41pm
Lousy picture, but it is a whole lot shorter.

http://instagram.com/p/dYGpeXrNbR/#
Peace to all
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 7:26pm
HAWG
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 7:39pm
Its a truly awful haircut. She seems to be a wonderful and beautiful girl who has a great attitude about it but I don't understand why they couldn't give her a look that had more style.

HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 8:03pm
The girl in the book has horrible hair and never combs it. That partly explains it. At the VMAs, Shailene said she loves it and can't wait to cut it the way she wants once filming is done.
Peace to all
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 10:01am
Exactly. The character isn't one to spend $250 at a Beverly Hills salon.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 8:25pm
Saw these photos on a poll today. No surprise: The new look is getting its ass kicked, 85%-15%. Guess how I voted.

undefined
Who has more fun than people?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 10:59pm
Couldn't they find someone who had lousy hair to begin with?
jug jug to dirty ears
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 9:36am
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 10:09am
Is it as glamorous as the long locks? No, definitely not. But I think it's really cute and let's her features pop a lot more. Although it's a downgrade for her hair, I think she looks better overall -- not as overwhelmed by the thick mane as she was before.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 1:25pm
Definite downgrade.
jug jug to dirty ears
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 5:05pm
Looks mighty adorable if you ask me. Great young actress, too.
Peace to all
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 6:19pm
A slick pixie

HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic