Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenny McCarthy Haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jenny McCarthy Haircut
    Posted: January 06 2014 at 8:30pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 9:02pm
Very nice; she looks so much better IMHO.  Will have to watch the opening sequence of the "View" tomorrow to see what is said about this new cut.
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 9:42pm
Not sure why she does long hair...not that she looks bad but always looks better with it shorter (at least I think so)
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 12:40am

Sorry kids. Her hair was about this long a few months ago. Then about the time she was hired on The

View, she started wearing extensions. Much ado about not much at all. She pulled the same attention-getting poll of her fans in 2010: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=67787&KW=Jenny+McCarthy

And as she showed the year before, her hair can get longer than ever any time she wants: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64849&KW=Jenny+McCarthy&PN=1

I'm glad I watched The View while she had long hair. She stole the show.
Who has more fun than people?
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 8:19am
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 8:49am
Yeah, so as the People story implies, but doesn't spell out: She got the extremely angled bob about six months or so ago; close to hairline in back and collarbone length in front.  She then gets extensions to make it all long.

Fast forward to now. Taking the extensions out, the angled bob has essentially grown about 3 inches (as it should have), bringing it between chin and shoulder.  She cuts the very long front pieces (as you can see from the Twitter pictures) to be even with the back length with some additional layering in front to give long side swept bangs.

So, ultimately, this cut is taking out the extensions and then evening up the badly overgrown angled bob.

In other words, it's a very cute cut, but as far as news goes, there's not much "there" there.
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 9:27am
HAWG
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Yeah, so as the People story implies, but doesn't spell out: She got the extremely angled bob about six months or so ago; close to hairline in back and collarbone length in front.  She then gets extensions to make it all long.

Fast forward to now. Taking the extensions out, the angled bob has essentially grown about 3 inches (as it should have), bringing it between chin and shoulder.  She cuts the very long front pieces (as you can see from the Twitter pictures) to be even with the back length with some additional layering in front to give long side swept bangs.

So, ultimately, this cut is taking out the extensions and then evening up the badly overgrown angled bob.

In other words, it's a very cute cut, but as far as news goes, there's not much "there" there.

Exactlly. And, what's a little funny for me is that from her twitter pic, the before shot, we see her stylist taking the first snip from the "length", none of which could actually be hers. He is actually cutting the extensions in that shot, not her own hair. I guess it makes for a better pic than showing him doing the actual removal...

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 10:02am
Actually, he was probably cutting her own hair.  Go back and dig up the pictures of the angled bob.  It was ridiculously long in front - it was at least collar bone length - so the additional 3-4 inches of growth would have made the front that long.  And you can see that the back is still shortish in comparison.
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 12:30pm
I agree that the front of the angled bob should be grown out to quite a length by now in the front...

Cute%20cut%20and%20like%20the%20splash%20of%20color 

However, in this slightly larger version of the before pic,

View%20image%20on%20Twitter

I still think he is cutting fake hair. Look at the sectioning. Look how far back the initial snip would be if that were dry hair.
I see hair draped over both shoulders, of the exact same length at the perimiter, and a side swept bang. Notice the amount of hair  below the scissors.
Also, nowhere in this pic do I see any shortish hair in the back for comparison.
I just think it was a staged pic for effect, like..."oooo, I'm getting the big chop", when in fact as you so clearly stated yesterday, it was really just extension removal and a corrective cut.

On a seperate note Flea, still miss the column, and am a big fan of your posts which I always find to be spot on, and often pretty witty. In this case though, I tend to disagree with this last one.

Edited by rardman - January 09 2014 at 2:05pm
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 12:38pm
Btw, although I do prefer her a bit longer, and pretty much never saw a bob I really loved on anyone, I like the retro, sexy feel of it in this pic...
jenny%20mccarthy

I like the volume. Imo, far better than when she was rocking this...

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2014 at 10:45am
Jenny McCarthy is wearing long thick extensions today on "The View." She'll be off the show soon. Might as well go out looking amazing. Whoo-hoo!
Who has more fun than people?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2014 at 11:23am
Kramer, when does Jenny NOT look amazing?  Long, short, in-between, her hair is about the third thing I notice on her...and I ALWAYS notice hair first!

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2014 at 7:14pm
I like her with long hair. Not a big fan of short. I guess it is becuase I only have been seening short. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Croverd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croverd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 7:00pm
New Cut http://https://twitter.com/JennyMcCarthy/status/514119718987243522 - http://https://twitter.com/JennyMcCarthy/status/514119718987243522
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 9:32pm
It is nice but I think she ruled the shorter inverted bob style she had a few years ago...
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 8:43am
Looks, I don't know, fine? Unremarkable? Certainly not worthy of the gushing compliments in her feed? 
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 9:49am
A little bland?
jug jug to dirty ears
Ginny Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginny Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

It is nice but I think she ruled the shorter inverted bob style she had a few years ago...

Agree!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic