Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing green undertones from black help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sarahsmiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahsmiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing green undertones from black help?
    Posted: May 21 2014 at 1:10pm
In December I dyed my hair a spectrum of blue and teal, by early March I put purple over the top of my hair. Then by the end of March I put black all over it except on the back inside just to keep some of the teal.

It wasnt a great brand and I probably didnt have enough so it ened fading on some parts and not dying so I also have blotches of green and random blond and blue. They dont bother me too much but I dont want to put another dark color over it because Im planning on bleaching it again and making it a a bright color. My basic question is just what can I do to get this into a blank canvas so I can probably get an orange or blue color again? What should I do? What color should I dye it? If I bleach it will it just be a green and silver mess? Its pretty healthy and its grown out about 2 1/2 inches.
Ashflower89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashflower89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by sarahsmiless sarahsmiless wrote:

In December I dyed my hair a spectrum of blue and teal, by early March I put purple over the top of my hair. Then by the end of March I put black all over it except on the back inside just to keep some of the teal.

It wasnt a great brand and I probably didnt have enough so it ened fading on some parts and not dying so I also have blotches of green and random blond and blue. They dont bother me too much but I dont want to put another dark color over it because Im planning on bleaching it again and making it a a bright color. My basic question is just what can I do to get this into a blank canvas so I can probably get an orange or blue color again? What should I do? What color should I dye it? If I bleach it will it just be a green and silver mess? Its pretty healthy and its grown out about 2 1/2 inches.

The big question at this point for me was what condition your hair was in from the coloring you've been doing.  However, you said that it's pretty healthy and its grown out about 2 1/2 inches.

If that's the case, which is very cool, then to get a blank canvas to go with new or brighter colors, you will most likely need to bleach.  If you still have black all over, you will have to go with a really strong bleach to remove the bleach.

I would strongly suggest you work on just one small section of hair first OR cut a few strands from the underneath and try bleaching on that to see what color is pulled and how strong you have to go with the bleach.

Black is usually one of the most challenging colors to remove so it may take a few applications. 

Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic