Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just For Men Alternatives + going lighter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jonas14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just For Men Alternatives + going lighter
    Posted: August 24 2014 at 6:47pm
Hi everyone
I am just new to this so hope its not too rude to post so soon with my query.
And i hope this is a sufficient forum area to post it on

Anyway, i relatively recently began using Just For Men to cover a few emerging grey patches on dark brown hair. Was happy enough to continue with this however I also have fancied going lighter - to light brown or dark blonde, so figured on using a lighter shade of JFM - which now has become astronomical in price (£200 a box via e-bay). (On a side note does anybody know the reason for this?).

So I'm looking for alternatives and figured Women's hair colouring products will do just the same  (there's a video on youtube where a guy states as much but doesn't name alternative brands) and probably better but I am blank as to which suit my needs: Nothing permanent or drastic, covering grey firstly, ideally the option also to go lighter all over. (i think it would be classed as semi-permanent (but that sounds too much) or temporary - which I'm comfortable with)

As an extension of that, and i can't find any info anywhere on this, how will a hair colouring product react when being put on to hair that is different colours (natural dark brown, grey) - will it just blend them different shades of essentially the same colour?

Cheers

I either haven't got the balls or have too much balls to bring it up whilst getting a trim etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic