Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oops, she did it again ..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelci BP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelci BP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oops, she did it again ..
    Posted: September 04 2014 at 11:58pm
Hello there!

Don't know if anyone remembers me, but about 2 months ago, I'm the girl that lost her mind one day and chopped off her hair. From waist length to somewhere between my chin and ears. I found my mind later that day when my mailman asked me if I had switched teams.

Which brings me to the next portion of my rambling. Over the last couple months I've received a lot of feedback and commentary on my shorter do, some positive, some not as much, but it did seem that everyone had at least something to say about it, nice or not. I'm confident, so none of it affected my self esteem or anything, but it did help me come to the conclusion that society favors me with my long flowing locks.

On Tuesday, I had lunch with a friend I hadn't seen since I cut it & her greeting to me when she sat down and got settled was "hey girl, you look cute today, so glad you're growing out your pretty hair again, it's getting long." Before you judge her too harshly, she's been my friend for years and I've learned to love and accept her physical vanity comments lol.

Her comment did get me thinking, my hair was growing nicely, I had began wearing it in messy beach waves that almost grazed my shoulders. I hadn't given much thought to the fact that without regular upkeep, short hair doesn't stay short for long lol. Her comment posed another question in my over thinking mind .. WAS I growing my hair out? I hadn't been doing it consciously, no...

but subconsciously, was I letting it grow ? Was I hearing the comments about my short hair and just pretending I liked it until it grew back and everyone forgot about it ?

Thoughts like those just eat away at my brain and drive me crazy. Which is probably why I woke up the next morning with the itch again.

That's right, I woke up, grabbed my shears and headed to the bathroom. I had come up with the rational thought that if I cut it again, people will realize I cut it ON PURPOSE and I'm not growing it out just because I got lazy and didn't trim it up.

When I got out of the shower, I combed and sectioned my hair. The cut took much less time this go around, probably because it was only about 3 inches going.

I had also decided to give myself a few low layers, to give my hair a little more bounce and movement around my face and ears. That's where I messed up, literally. While attempting to angle/thin/layer around my left ear, a longer piece from my crown fell between the blades and was gone before I could save it.

At first, I didn't think it really mattered, it could be hidden or evened out, but after careful inspection and a lot of flipping and different parts, I concluded that the spot was not going to hide or blend into my cut.

So I looked in the mirror, cursed my luck and brainstormed on how I was going to get out of this one lol. Narrowing it down to my final two options to repair or hide my mistake, 1. The side shave style, very cool right now, perfect for covering up mistakes on one side like mine, etc. 2. The pixie, also very cool right now, short around the ears where I messed up, etc.

About an hour later, I was done. Hard to imagine it took about 10 minutes to chop off 18 years of hair and an hour to fix a 2 inch mistake lol. But finally, I was finished! and staring back at me in the mirror was...

Drumroll please ...

A pretty badass pixie, if I do say so myself. It's actually wayyyy shorter than was necessary to cover up the blooper, but once I started cutting the length away from my face, I couldn't stop, new features kept popping out the shorter it got. So I got a little scissor happy, but it turned out well :-)
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2014 at 3:34pm
Nice, what matters is that you are happy with your hair, weather anyone else likes it or not. From what I can see, you are very happy with you with your new short hairstyle.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 10:53am
yeah... hum, waist length to between chin and ears... 2 months ago? Now almost grazed your shoulders, cut off three inches..... WOW amazing hair growth!!!!

ps... I don't so much mind trolls but please give us the respect of not being an obvious one!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 3:24pm
be nice Hal!

PM me sometime ;)
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 8:51pm
     Just wondering... Is the second haircut what you really wanted, or did you cut it to prove to yourself that the first cut was a good decision? You yourself say that you "lost (your) mind" when you first chopped it. So I sense ambivalence.  I am sure that it looks pretty good now, but I suggest that since you cut it yourself, maybe you'll want to have someone touch it up for you. Make your short cut look as good as it can as long as it lasts. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic