Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis Morissette MUCH shorter!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis Morissette MUCH shorter!
    Posted: September 18 2014 at 9:12am
Posted a pic on her instagram page. It appears significantly shorter, near collar bone length. It's also a terrible blonde with about 4 inches of dark roots.

I'm loving the cut...but that color has to go!

Can someone upload a pic?
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 9:43am
Link to pic:  http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/09/18/alanis-morissette-blonde-hair/#more-167773
Now, I really liked her short hair a few years back, but this (cut AND color) is just wrong.  She is a beautiful woman, but this does nothing for her.

P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 10:22am
i concur...hate the color(and the awful trend), liked the short hair back when.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:29am
Seriously bad!
jug jug to dirty ears
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 12:56pm
Hate this. Just out-and-out hate it. Length. Texture. Middle part. Color(s). All of it.

My favorite style of Alanis's was featured in her "Everything" video circa 2005, when she cut it all off into a really cute layered short cut that finally got all that hair out of the way and so you could see her face, and seemed to just make her whole persona lighter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6kLbDHu0yc

Like Rosario Dawson in Men in Black 2, the fact that I liked the short cut so much guaranteed that shortly after she featured it so prominently and proudly, she'd reject it and go back to her old, heavy style. Well played, Alanis!

Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 1:07pm

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows." - Bart Simpson

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 4:00pm
Well put, Bart.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 12:36am
Just not my day.

Of all the choices of hairstyles and colors in the world and she goes with this?

By the way, here's how Alanis looked just days ago when she was interviewed by Oprah:

Just not my day.

Edited by Kramer - September 19 2014 at 12:45am
Who has more fun than people?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 8:54pm
Alanis had a blonde moment, or maybe a "you oughta know" that I just had a bad break-up moment. I am glad that I can wipe my "hands clean" of this fiasco. Dead
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2014 at 12:31am
But Bob, would "one hand be in your pocket"?  Or would that be too Ironic?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

But Bob, would "one hand be in your pocket"?  Or would that be too Ironic?

You oughtta know!
jug jug to dirty ears

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2014 at 9:49am
"don't you think?"
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 4:36pm
Anyone who thinks the ombre hair coloring looks anything more than roots growing out is kidding herself. Desperate attempt by hairstylists to come up with a new money-making style. Wise up.
Love: Ever is turning four years old in December and is the first child for Alanis and Mario, who wed in 2010

Its a family affair! Alanis Morissette debuted her fresh new blonde hair in public for the first time on Thursday as she and her husband 

Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 9:28am
Kramer, I think that's how colorists pitch it -- it's basically color that (theoretically) removes the awkwardness of not coloring the roots, because it's supposed to look that way. That makes it OK for it to sit in the hair a lot longer without touch-ups, because whether the color starts six inches or six feet away from the roots, no matter how much it's additionally grown out since it was done, it still doesn't look dated. 

To me, it's just color that looks bad from the day it's done since you can see the roots from day one, and a little more every day. It almost never improves the styling of the hair, which to me is the key; in fact, it often seems to substitute for it (example: Alanis).

Sometimes I wonder if women will try just about any dumb trend if it's labeled "trendy"....
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 2:14pm
Alanis looks like Beyonce there.
jug jug to dirty ears
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 12:29am
I'm not complaining, just asking: After all of the above, how the hell does this happen? 

Alanis Morissette - 2015 MusiCares Person Of The Year Gala Honoring Bob Dylan in LA 2/6/15 Alanis Morissette - 2015 MusiCares Person Of The Year Gala Honoring Bob Dylan in LA 2/6/15 1 Alanis Morissette - 2015 MusiCares Person Of The Year Gala Honoring Bob Dylan in LA 2/6/15 2 
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 11:23am
Extensions?
jug jug to dirty ears
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 9:00am
You know, this is so much better that I don't even care that it is extensions. I'll just pretend the ombré aberration never happened and be content here in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 9:39am
As usual JF, you say what many of us are thinking...and there was a great sigh of relief.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic