Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alyssa Milano

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2016 at 8:55am
Well, I'd have to say the horrible pants outfit in the Daily Mail piece goes with the short hairstyle. If you're going soccer mom I guess you might as well go all the way. Alyssa's a short woman over 40 with kids has now she's ready push that grocery cart around Wal-Mart. This one's does done guys. Next celeb...
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2016 at 2:24pm
Ouch..people age, and aside from a few missteps she's doing nicely...i think
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 7:17pm
I really like it. Shes styling it a bunch of different ways and having a lot of fun.   It looks great
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 8:46am
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

So, here's my unsolicited theory and prediction...

As you're probably aware, during pregnancy, women's natural hair loss slows dramatically. Shortly after childbirth, nature plays catch-up and the shedding increases at an equally dramatic rate. All the hair that was supposed to fall out and didn't, now does.

When Alyssa started making public appearances again after her baby was born, we all commented that her hair, when worn down, looked "off". It had that cotton-candy look of fine hair that had been fluffed up to add volume. And Alyssa does not have fine hair.

So, my theory is that she finally punted and decided to cut it short because she just couldn't get it to look decent with out WAY too much effort or simply wearing it up. That's also why I think she went short, but not REALLY short. The way this style is cut (full on top, still covering the ears), it will be much easier to grow out than a full-blown pixie. That's not to say she won't go shorter; most women do when they go short after having long hair for an extended period. But they also then tend to grow it back out.

Thus, on to my prediction...

My guess over the next few months, you'll see Alyssa stay around this length or possibly go even shorter. However, by mid-year at the earliest and end of year at the latest, you'll see her start to grow it out again. That will be about the time the regrowth of hair will have balanced out the hair loss.

I do, unfortunately, think the days of Alyssa rocking a mane around mid-back or so are past. For this cut to grow back out below her shoulders will be about a two year process. I definitely think she will be back below shoulder length, though. So, Kramer can look forward to 2018 for Alyssa to have fully returned to her long locks.

And, now that I've arrogantly quoted myself from back in January, I give you Alyssa in late August:

http://www.wireimage.com/search/#events?q=alyssa%20milano/[662485575]&ep=1/60/1&s=3

IMHO, this tentatively signifies the beginnings of the grow-out. Why? Because, if you look closely, you can see that her highlights have been recently done (no significant roots), but the length is longer than it was back in June. Plus, it's definitely longer than when she first got it cut and even longer than appearances back in April.

So, that growth, plus recent color without a cut, seems to me to put her on the path to a future longer 'do. And to make Kramer happy.

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 9:36am
Oh my, she looks like she is balding around the hairline.  Hopefully this is not the case and is just the way she styled it but looks like it to me.  I blame the WEN hair system (there have been reports of this happening in the news)
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 12:07pm
that would be a damn shame if that were the case
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 3:47pm
I don't think she is losing it. If you look at other photos where it's all swept back, you don't get the same impression. I think it's a bit of an illusion caused by the heavy bang section.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 4:58pm
Definitely rather sad as she has been such an icon.
jug jug to dirty ears
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2016 at 10:46am
Though not the most flattering style, I believe this confirms my "grow-out" theory...

http://www.wireimage.com/search/#events?q=alyssa%20milano/[666314555]&ep=1/60/1&s=3

The back has been trimmed shorter to better match up with the sides and the top is definitely getting longer. On this path, she should have a legitimate chin-length bob around Christmas.

JF
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2016 at 11:27am
I agree on the grow out, but disagree on the style...she looks great, long, short extreme, colored, natural, however she wears her hair....
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2016 at 1:19pm
Don't like the style at all, nor the idea of a grow-out.... but at least she didn't shave the left side of her head, as the photo made it look at first glance like she did...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2016 at 8:17pm
http://celebritybabies.people.com/2016/09/16/alyssa-milano-love-csection-scar/
jug jug to dirty ears
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2016 at 10:26am
Like has been said... probably a grow out phase.  Just not an attractive grow out phase
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 8:12am
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Though not the most flattering style, I believe this confirms my "grow-out" theory...

http://www.wireimage.com/search/#events?q=alyssa%20milano/[666314555]&ep=1/60/1&s=3

The back has been trimmed shorter to better match up with the sides and the top is definitely getting longer. On this path, she should have a legitimate chin-length bob around Christmas.

JF

So, Alyssa got short extensions to lengthen her approaching chin-length bob to her shoulders. Someone can go get the links/pics from Instagram because I can't do it right now. In any case, I think my "grow-out" conjecture has moved from theory to fact.

Oh, and it looks really cute.

JF
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 3:39pm
Here's a link to a photo posted three days ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMjpeNpAmyl/?taken-by=milano_alyssa. Is this the one?

Who has more fun than people?
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 4:54pm
Looks good but kind of an odd length for extensions. Usually  extensions = long. 

With her though,  another change can't be far off.  
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 5:00pm
Extensions out in late November; about two inches of additional growth. Looks like the front was trimmed up to get closer to one length and allow the back layers to catch up a bit. Pretty much a straight bob now, but, IMHO, more as in interim stage in the grow-out than an end point.

Pics here

I'm predicting a true chin-length/base of the neck by late spring/early summer.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 9:29pm
Not so good.
jug jug to dirty ears
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 7:53pm
Perhaps Alyssa hasn't gone all the way soccer mom just yet. She's sporting waist length rows for Super Bowl weekend: https://twitter.com/YahooBeauty/status/827631521976741888

Edited by Ricc - February 03 2017 at 7:53pm
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 10:37pm
That's just wrong...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic