Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kim Barnes Arico

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kim Barnes Arico
    Posted: December 16 2014 at 8:23pm
A hair charity has claimed another beautiful longhaired victim. Kim Barnes Arico, the much-photographed head coach of the women's basketball team at the University of Michigan, was questioned by a local radio sports talk host (and obvious lover of long hair) about her shorter hair. Kim told the story about how she had taken two of her daughters for pixies. On the second visit, the hair stylist convinced her to come back a third time for a cut. The stylist said she needed to hack off at least 10 inches to donate for Wigs for Kids, the stylist said. Since Kim's daughters had never seen her with short hair, she took the plunge. Since the story was told on radio, the listening audience couldn't see the end result. Here's how she looked before the hack:

This is the only photo I could find of her after the hack:

Her expression mirrors mine after hearing the story and seeing this photo. Yes, truly a hack.

Edited by Kramer - December 16 2014 at 8:27pm
Who has more fun than people?
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 5:10am
Too bad she didn't get some layering done at the same time.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Too bad she didn't get some layering done at the same time.

I agree. I'm so disappointed when women make a major cut, only to leave the style (or lack of one) untouched, which almost nullifies the effect of the cut in the first place. What's the point?

To me the "before" and "after" here are basically the same, with the before being long and bland and the after being short and bland. Given the amount cut off, the overall effect on her "look" is very underwhelming. 

I'm frankly astonished the stylist would go to the trouble of convincing her to cut off her hair and then make no attempt to make the hair itself more flattering with any change in style, texture, layering, etc. 

IMHO, neither length is very becoming on her, or mature, or reflective of her professional, high-profile status.

Sad hair day for my alma mater...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Curlyfan Curlyfan wrote:

Seriously?  Sad day because a female coach who probably doesn't give to rips about how her hair looks cut her hair?

Isn't that a BIT of an over-reaction?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by Curlyfan Curlyfan wrote:

Seriously?  Sad day because a female coach who probably doesn't give to rips about how her hair looks cut her hair?

Isn't that a BIT of an over-reaction?

Yes. It wasn't serious. I was more trying to note in a melodramatic style that I went to college there. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the writing.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 3:39pm
It will soon be bundled and sold. But as long as the donation makes her think that some child benefitted, what else matters? People believe what they want to believe..... Sleepy
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 4:59pm
It's certainly a hacking in the right direction. I'd like to see her lose another 6 inches or so.

My two cents!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic