Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rachel McAdams shorter & ombre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rachel McAdams shorter & ombre
    Posted: December 22 2014 at 4:14pm
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 10:53pm
Interesting to say the least
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 6:41am
Rachel's career on film is sufficient documentation of her gorgeous hairstyles over time. If I was documenting, this new look certainly would not be included among the best. Like others who "go ombre," it looks like she stopped dying her hair and decided to let dark natural color grow out. I never got this coloring idea and never will. Long hair, short or in between, I can't believe women actually ask hair stylists to do this.
Who has more fun than people?
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 9:05am
I am willing to approve of ombre when its obvious it's supposed to be -- like if the color being faded into is blue or pink. That, I think, looks cool. But when it's blonde or brown, Kramer is absolutely right -- it just looks like bad upkeep.

Rachel has a gorgeous face, so I'm interested to see how this length looks done up nicely.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Like others who "go ombre," it looks like she stopped dying her hair and decided to let dark natural color grow out. I never got this coloring idea and never will. Long hair, short or in between, I can't believe women actually ask hair stylists to do this.

I agree but I think that's its very appeal -- unlike standard highlights which need constant touching up, ombre (I even hate the name) can be done once and left there for months without looking appreciably different, thereby allowing the head its attached to to save money and stay lazy. And it doesn't look awful when faded in gradually, though still seems kinda pointless to me.

As for Rachel, as Kramer noted, she's looked gorgeous in many films in many different colors and styles, none of them this one. But I don't like judging by the just-off-the-airplane photos in which she's tired, not made up and not asking to be photographed, so I'll reserve opinion for her next red carpet.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 11:41am
I think the hombre thing can be kind of cute when done a certain way-- usually with longer looks. This one isn't looking too great on Rachael and I'm sure she won't keep it that way for long. Hombre is one of those fashion trends that people will look back on in a couple of decades and say "what was I thinking?"
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 10:36pm
I like it.  Can't wait for better pictures. Smile
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 11:15am
I wonder if Rachel McAdams still thinks changing style and color was a good idea. 

Rachel McAdams - out in LA 1/29/2015 Rachel McAdams - out in LA 1/29/2015 1 Rachel McAdams - out in LA 1/29/2015 4
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 12:02pm
The cigarette really doesn't make the hairstyle look better. Double yuck!

Rachel McAdams - on the set of True Detective in LA 2/27/2015 5

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 8:36am
Not good!
jug jug to dirty ears
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 8:48am
Looks kilogramatically challenged too!
jug jug to dirty ears
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 9:41am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Looks kilogramatically challenged too!

Don't judge her current look based on how she looks on the set of a film.  The look is probably for a role.
Rayman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 11:30am
Isn't she doing True Detective right now? Bit surprised that no-nonsense sheriff she will be playing will rock this ombre style...
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 10:05pm
Blonde again. What a cutie
rachel mcadams.jpg
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2016 at 5:52am
Always thought she was cute, maybe not her best hairstyle but not bad...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic