Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking of going short.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Curlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 6:25pm
I made my appt! 10am on Friday! Yay! :) Going to also do color. Now to gather more pictures!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 10:20am
Good pictures are a must when 1. Going to a new stylist and 2. Making a major change.
If possible, I would have several (showing front, sides and back (if possible).  Your final result may look a little different depending on hair texture, facial structure...but pics provide a great guide.
Curlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 9:39pm
Good point around not worrying about what is cut off! I am anxious & excited at the same time, and I am hoping to start step 1 this week (provided I can get an appointment).

Since I will also be doing this with a new stylist, do you think I should take pictures of all the stages I might be considering with me to my 1st appointment?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 8:10pm
I think you've already determined the stages now all that is left to do is execute and make an appointment and let the cutting begin.  Enjoy your adventure and don't worry about the hair that hits the salon floor; concentrate on how good the hair on your head looks.
HAWG
Curlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 1:40pm
Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have pretty much worn my hair the same way for tooo long. Shoulder length & wavy -- with a few long layers. So I am working up the nerve to go short. But I think I want to do it gradually.

I am thinking first stage: neck length bob. Then jaw length bob. Then short stacked bob. Then something in between long pixie and short stack -- with the nape cut pretty close in. I have a lot of curl in my hair, so that is something I have to consider. (hence the stages will help see what my hair does along the way)

Would love help in deciding the transitional stages as well as the final cut.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic