Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do Men Only Care About Women With Great Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Connie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Men Only Care About Women With Great Hair?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
Hey all,I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday night and there was a woman with dark hair to her knees there. A large number of men in the place were fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one guy about it and he said that long hair is the most alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off (with my chin length do).Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?I am disgusted if this is true.I refuse to get extensions over this.
Dan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.There are plenty of men I know who prefer shorter hair because it, ahem, doesn't get in the way of things. Not all men have this long hair fixation. It's a fetish. Some would say an abnormality.It also depends on what you mean by care. I have relationships with women in my life that have short hair, but I'd rather have relationships of another kind with longer haired women. Its just a preference and I'm sure its not universalTry another bar.
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.Dear Connie,It would be a generalization to say that all men only care about a woman's hair. Onviously, that guy you talked to has a preference for it, but that doesn't mean he represents all men. The woman had hair to her knees, which probably fascinated the men at the bar, since you don't usually see women with hair that long; her hair was exotic to them, that's all. I wouldn't worry too much about this; don't waste your energy being disgusted over it, because it was no reflection on you.Lisa :-)
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?Only the superficial ones!Consider this: I love it when a guy has long hair, but is that the only attractive feature? Of course not. If my boyfriend were to shave his head, would he be less appealing to me? Nope. Would I have ever not dated one of my exes because they had short hair? No. I know girls who refuse to date men because they don't fit a "perfect" mold: blond or dark-haired, blue eyes or brown, built or thin, or whatever. It's somebody's "type." I can understand having preferences, but to ignore somebody because they have a style different from yours can be incredibly limiting. Does that make sense?! :)> I refuse to get extensions over this.So right! I refuse to let anybody else dictate their ideas of beauty to me. Take it or leave it, eh?!
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.You made a decision to be a shorthaired woman. Unfortunately, the laws of this country permit your decision, as much as I might disagree with it. In my opinion, shorthaired women are ugly and I would prefer that they did not exist.However, just as you have the freedom to be shorthaired, the men of this world have the freedom to not associate with you because you are shorthaired. Your choices are to leave your hair along and let it grow (preferable) or to find a man who likes shorthaired women (if such men exist).DAVID
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> You made a decision to be a shorthaired woman.> Unfortunately, the laws of this country permit your> decision, as much as I might disagree with it. In my> opinion, shorthaired women are ugly and I would prefer> that they did not exist.> However, just as you have the freedom to be> shorthaired, the men of this world have the freedom to> not associate with you because you are shorthaired.> Your choices are to leave your hair along and let it> grow (preferable) or to find a man who likes> shorthaired women (if such men exist).This could have been a lot more tactful -- and there are many men who prefer shorthaired women. Check out some of the sites devoted to it!
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
Connie,You ask if men care ONLY about hair. I would have to guessthat very nearly 100% of men would say "no." Certainly thereis a human body, mind, heart and soul attached to the hair.Any one person will be viewed as a composite of all of theircharacteristics.Very long hair is certainly very alluring, I suspect, for mostmen. The woman you described has certainly succeeded in gainingtheir attention. Why begrudge this woman her good fortune?Go make your own.The issue is not so much whether or not you "should" want orconsider getting extensions. The question is, how do you wantyour own hair to be? If you want it long, extensions are a wayto "fake" it. The real thing requires a real commitment -- andtime, and patience...We must realize and accept the consequences that result from ourchoices, and hair length is largely (if not entirely) a matterof our own choice.We can't control how others will react to what we choose to do.For instance, I can't make somebody like me just because I likethem. Life doesn't work that way.Just because you want something (attention from men) doesn't meanyou're going to get it. You may get what you want... but it iscertainly not an entitlement.Food for thought. Hope this helps.Dave
David M Squires
dennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
, I don't know what is wrong with we men.......to be attracted to a particular physical attribute......be it hair, legs, breasts, etc.............why can't we be more interested in the person, like you women are.....you would never check out a nice looking guys butt as he walked by, WOULD YOU?> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
It is a myth that all men, or even most men prefer long hair. I know a guy who I kind of liked who was very vocal about his preference for short haired women. I would cut my hair short if I thought it would lok good on me at all. And I think knee length is too long, too hippy-ish. Mid thigh is where I would draw the line. I think the best looking people are men with long, loose hair and women with short hair suited to their face shape. I guesse what I am saying is there is no one definition for 'great hair' and chin length is as great as any. That guy is discusting for reducing all women to a single body part and you should not veiw him as representing all men.
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
This is a very good point. However, I would never say to some guy in a bar, "I think firm buts are the most atractive thing about guys". I think that would just be disrespectful.
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
I have to agree with Dan here on this long hair thing being an abnormality with some guys. Now, I have super long hair, but this David who wrote the nutcase posting above deserves the looneytoon of the month award (I wanted to say something else instead of looneytoon, but we aren't supposedto:)) I do think that most guys prefer long hair, but there ARE still many, many men who like short just as well, or better than long. The the thing is, when you go to some of these long hair sights, you are seeing what I and my Husband think are a lot of guys with a fetish, by the way they talk-NOT ALL-so please, no hate mail:), but I think that's what we have here with David. I'm surprised there hasn't been more attacks on this guys posting, but it's early yet! I guess it just means no ones paying attention, and that's good, but I just had to say what I felt upon reading it.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
OK...here is an appropriate time to talk about this topic and see what people have experienced.Do any of you find that long hair gets in the way of kissing? I have found this to be a problem at times. I know this sounds a little goofy but long bushy hair does seem to be a little bit of a nusiance at times.I like the point here about hair getting in the way at times. :-) I am not saying that I should cut my hair. In fact, I wish it would just get to where I want it and then I could stop waiting for it to grow. :-)However, I am just curious if anyone else has experienced "this hair in the way" phenomena? Your solution was?Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> However, I am just curious if anyone else has> experienced "this hair in the way"> phenomena? Your solution was?> KarenPull it back in a bun or ponytail--it works wonderfully! :)--Erica
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
Um, ... personally, I _like_ it when hair gets in the way of kisses. It doesn't stop the kiss, but makes it even more erotic.(except for the pulling-damp-follicles-free-afterwards part) >;-)> OK...here is an appropriate time to talk about this> topic and see what people have experienced.> Do any of you find that long hair gets in the way of> kissing? I have found this to be a problem at times. I> know this sounds a little goofy but long bushy hair> does seem to be a little bit of a nusiance at times.> I like the point here about hair getting in the way at> times. :-) I am not saying that I should cut my hair.> In fact, I wish it would just get to where I want it> and then I could stop waiting for it to grow. :-)> However, I am just curious if anyone else has> experienced "this hair in the way"> phenomena? Your solution was?> Karen
lj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:41pm
> OK...here is an appropriate time to talk about this> topic and see what people have experienced.> Do any of you find that long hair gets in the way of> kissing? I have found this to be a problem at times. I> know this sounds a little goofy but long bushy hair> does seem to be a little bit of a nusiance at times.> I like the point here about hair getting in the way at> times. :-) I am not saying that I should cut my hair.> In fact, I wish it would just get to where I want it> and then I could stop waiting for it to grow. :-)> However, I am just curious if anyone else has> experienced "this hair in the way"> phenomena? Your solution was?> KarenPersonally, I love it when my wife's hair gets in the way before kissing her. It allows me to use my hands to 'frame'her face while pulling(gently) the hair out of the way. Then she gets it!LJ
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:41pm
Hi, Karen!Great question. I have been through this a few times with boyfriends. I have to tell you that I think that I have been more self-conscious about this than them. I seem to just push it away from my face. The ponytail thing is just too easy:)Also, I have to say that most men kinda like it:) I would say from personal experience LJ is in the majority. In fact, the last boyfriend I had asked me what I was doing pushing my hair away when we started to kiss. My current boyfriend, well, he likes to drape it around him. MMM....maybe that's a solution [big grin]All the Best,Jade21OK...here is an appropriate time to talk about this> topic and see what people have experienced.> Do any of you find that long hair gets in the way of> kissing? I have found this to be a problem at times. I> know this sounds a little goofy but long bushy hair> does seem to be a little bit of a nusiance at times.> I like the point here about hair getting in the way at> times. :-) I am not saying that I should cut my hair.> In fact, I wish it would just get to where I want it> and then I could stop waiting for it to grow. :-)> However, I am just curious if anyone else has> experienced "this hair in the way"> phenomena? Your solution was?> Karen
Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:41pm
> Connie,> You ask if men care ONLY about hair. I would have to> guess> that very nearly 100% of men would say "no."> Certainly there> is a human body, mind, heart and soul attached to the> hair.> Any one person will be viewed as a composite of all of> their> characteristics.> Very long hair is certainly very alluring, I suspect,> for most> men. The woman you described has certainly succeeded> in gaining> their attention. Why begrudge this woman her good> fortune?> Go make your own.> The issue is not so much whether or not you> "should" want or> consider getting extensions. The question is, how do> you want> your own hair to be? If you want it long, extensions> are a way> to "fake" it. The real thing requires a real> commitment -- and> time, and patience...> We must realize and accept the consequences that> result from our> choices, and hair length is largely (if not entirely)> a matter> of our own choice.> We can't control how others will react to what we> choose to do.> For instance, I can't make somebody like me just> because I like> them. Life doesn't work that way.> Just because you want something (attention from men)> doesn't mean> you're going to get it. You may get what you want...> but it is> certainly not an entitlement.> Food for thought. Hope this helps.> DaveThis is very well said. I have to add that very long hair is extremely rare and many of the men and women may view this woman with very long hair more with fascination and curiousity then pure lust. Also, long hair no matter what is a very feminine thing. I have seen women with short hair who look very beautiful and it wouldn't really matter if they grew their hair long. But no matter what, long hair is feminine.Jason.
bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:41pm
I think that there is a somewhat more generic explanation to this phenomenon.Men are fundamentally visual creatures. When a woman does something to her appearance that makes her standout from the rest of the women in the room, men will notice. If it is *attractive* or considered *sexy* or *exotic* she will receive a lot of attention. While those areas are somewhat subjective, she will receive more than her fair share of attention, glances, offers to dance, what have you. It is also not unusual for women who have taken a more conventional approach to notice and be dismayed with the men who react in that fashion, and even to the "perpetrator" herself. This tendency is not just long hair related. You can see it with women who have shaved their heads, unusual hair color, hair styles, or even clothing.In my case, my wife is often the odd one. She has longer hair that she loves to wear in updos. While at work, she uses basic clips and braids, but after hours or socially she tends to wear it done fairly elegantly. At a bar or club, she is often the only woman there with than kind of hair style, and get a noticeable reaction.I am not a hair fetishist, and have learned to tolerate her "vice". At first I too was annoyed at the attention it garnered, but I learned to deal with it. Men are what they are, some are just more polite about it than others. When the very different looking lady walks into the room, my head turns too, I just don’t stare or for that matter pant, as some males do. Its not just hair length.I agree with your final point , no hair extensions, but no whining about the male nature either.- Bo=========================================> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.
chicibambi
Juna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
> You made a decision to be a shorthaired woman.> Unfortunately, the laws of this country permit your> decision, as much as I might disagree with it. In my> opinion, shorthaired women are ugly and I would prefer> that they did not exist.> However, just as you have the freedom to be> shorthaired, the men of this world have the freedom to> not associate with you because you are shorthaired.> Your choices are to leave your hair along and let it> grow (preferable) or to find a man who likes> shorthaired women (if such men exist).> DAVIDThis is a crude statement, isn't it? Yes, such men doexists...two are posted right above you: Dave and Jason.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
Juna,While I agree with you that David seems quite angry, I regret to saythat you are mistaken about my preferences regarding hair length.I find long hair on women to be aesthetically pleasing -- much moreso than short hair. My reply to Connie was intended to help her togain insight into her experience.While I feel (IMHO) that short hair generally does not flatter awoman's appearance, I realize and accept that it is the individual'sright to wear their hair as they choose.Although I may sometimes fail, I always try my best to be considerate,courteous, and polite when dealing with ALL people -- no matter theirhair length. It's part of basic human decency and civility.Hope this clears things up. And hope I didn't disappoint you.Dave
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic