Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bedhead, new??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bedhead, new??
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
When I read about the "bedhead look" I couldn't figure out what was new about it. Young people have been wearing their hair like that for ten years or more.What would be really new would be hairstyles that are neat and precise, such as the geometric Sassoon look of the seventies. I realize that designers and runway models must shock (or try to shock) the public-- it's their job and economic security. Young people feel that they have to be different from their elders, I know, but I am sooooo very tired of kids looking like something the cat dragged in!
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
> Young people feel that they have to be> different from their elders, I know, but I am sooooo> very tired of kids looking like something the cat> dragged in!I'm twentysomething and absolutely agree. It's a good thing to have combed or brushed through your hair before going out! Unless, of course, somebody has wild curls, which I feel can often look great without any taming at all. But as for ratty hair. . .(shudder).
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
> What would be really new would be> hairstyles that are neat and precise, such as the> geometric Sassoon look of the seventies.Hmmm... not meaning to argue... okay, maybe I'm just playingwith your words here, but... wouldn't this "new" look be atleast 20 years *old*, having been around in the 1970's?
David M Squires
Suzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:43pm
> Hmmm... not meaning to argue... okay, maybe I'm just> playing> with your words here, but... wouldn't this> "new" look be at> least 20 years *old*, having been around in the> 1970's?Of course! Styles have to repeat themselves-- just look at the bell bottom jeans and polyester that have come back into fashion ( or at least they WERE, last year). Styles change, but they don't have to STAY in for 10 years, especially if they look that bad. Of course, everybody to their own taste-- I was expressing mine.
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:44pm
Here Here Suzy! I agree totally. I sort of remember the line in the movie "CLUELESS": "I don't mean to be disloyal to my generation,"..and she goes on to say how the boys look. Maybe that has nothing to do with bed head, but there sure are some weird ideas of what looks good on twenty-somethings..at least in America and sometimes England. These kind of looks never caught on in France, I've been told (I am an American who moved here over three months ago). I wish the hair style sense of France would influence Americans, although thats about as far as I would go with French influence. That's another topic.n by the way, though, I think the Sassoon haircuts were more of a 60's thing, but who cares, they were great!Holly
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:44pm
Thought I better clarify: I didn't mean ALL twentysomethings have weird ideas, but there are quite a few that do. Also, some people argue that the long haired hippies of the 60's and 70's were strange looks-but it was natural, flowing long hair, and not some of the dorkiest haircuts of the 20th Century. O.K., better stop this now.Holly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic