Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well Colour Me Black!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well Colour Me Black!!!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
Hi Again,well I did the ultimate Sin I tinted my hair !!!!! black!!!!, yes I am 37 & I am 40 to 50% grey, but my hair has never felt or looked so healthy. According to some people they think I am mad as it is high upkeep, yes those little grey devils pop up after 2 weeks & the staining around the old hairline is a pain but with my pale face (& thank god for good genes)& no wrinkles(not that I'd care if I had wrinkles or not) I think I look good, so Why do others tend to make Me 2nd think if I should go Brown again- Now I'm Totally Confused, Brown or Black?????AAAAAHHHI'm constantly told Iam too old for Black hair so now I feel maybe these people are right, but I do love my silky Black hair.All The Best To Everyone,Simone.(C). ;)
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
> Hi Again,> well I did the ultimate Sin I tinted my hair !!!!!> black!!!!, yes I am 37 & I am 40 to 50% grey, but> my hair has never felt or looked so healthy. According> to some people they think I am mad as it is high> upkeep, yes those little grey devils pop up after 2> weeks & the staining around the old hairline is a> pain but with my pale face (& thank god for good> genes)& no wrinkles(not that I'd care if I had> wrinkles or not) I think I look good, so Why do others> tend to make Me 2nd think if I should go Brown again-> Now I'm Totally Confused, Brown or Black?????AAAAAHHH> I'm constantly told Iam too old for Black hair so now> I feel maybe these people are right, but I do love my> silky Black hair.> All The Best To Everyone,> Simone.(C). ;)Hi Simone,Hey,if you like your black hair and it makes you feel good keep it!! Weve been hearing all kinds of reasons on this board adout why others do and say mean things. I think If you feel beautiful you are beatuiful! Those others probably just wish they had your good looks and great attitude!Happy heathy(silky black)hair,Diane K.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
> Hi Again,> well I did the ultimate Sin I tinted my hair !!!!!> black!!!!, yes I am 37 & I am 40 to 50% grey, but> my hair has never felt or looked so healthy. According> to some people they think I am mad as it is high> upkeep, yes those little grey devils pop up after 2> weeks & the staining around the old hairline is a> pain but with my pale face (& thank god for good> genes)& no wrinkles(not that I'd care if I had> wrinkles or not) I think I look good, so Why do others> tend to make Me 2nd think if I should go Brown again-> Now I'm Totally Confused, Brown or Black?????AAAAAHHH> I'm constantly told Iam too old for Black hair so now> I feel maybe these people are right, but I do love my> silky Black hair.> All The Best To Everyone,> Simone.(C). ;)I gather that you are a natural black hair female? If so it would only be natural for you to use black and if you used brown it might have looked awful on you.You made the right decision. Heck if we listened to everyone advice we might be walking around a crazy off the wall color.You know what is best for you and who cares what everyone says.My mother always wanted to look dramatic and one day she came out of the salon with hot pink hair for her birthday. That is when she turned 60 and that was extreme lolDiane
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
Simone,I colored my hair black my freshman year in college and loved it! I felt so mysterious and it led me onto a whole hair coloring phase. I went from brown to black to reddish brown to highlighted and now I'm at my natural hair color which I haven't seen in years!My point is, coloring your hair can be really fun and exciting and it can give you a total uplift so go for it! Keep your hair black and have fun!Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
> Hi Again,> well I did the ultimate Sin I tinted my hair !!!!!> black!!!!, yes I am 37 & I am 40 to 50% grey, but> my hair has never felt or looked so healthy. According> to some people they think I am mad as it is high> upkeep, yes those little grey devils pop up after 2> weeks & the staining around the old hairline is a> pain but with my pale face (& thank god for good> genes)& no wrinkles(not that I'd care if I had> wrinkles or not) I think I look good, so Why do others> tend to make Me 2nd think if I should go Brown again-> Now I'm Totally Confused, Brown or Black?????AAAAAHHH> I'm constantly told Iam too old for Black hair so now> I feel maybe these people are right, but I do love my> silky Black hair.> All The Best To Everyone,> Simone.(C). ;)Hi Simone,As you are so happy with your dyed hair, it was a good choice for you.And coloring one's hair is not "the ultimate sin." To you, the costand effort is worthwhile, and you understand and accept that -- andthat's fine.Quite honestly, I can better appreciate (understand) a desire to covergray than I can a desire to change a non-gray color. Just my opinion,though.Take care,Dave
David M Squires
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
Simone,In my opinion, you should do whatever pleases you as far as your haircolor and length goes. There are no rights and wrongs with hair, it is strictly a matter of opinion--If black hair is your thing, enjoy it! There is nothing wrong w/ experimentation! We all like different things w/ regard to hair--if we didn't, the world would be a very boring place. Happy haircoloring!Dawn
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
Hi, Simone!I hope you have been well and I was glad to see your post.First, age 37..old.....I don't think soAs for the choice of black, I don't think you should be concerned with what anybody else says. My only question is: Do you look good, girl?:) I mean the black should sort of fit with your mood, personality and your complexion more than anything else. It sounds like it does.Enjoy!Bye for now,Jade21> well I did the ultimate Sin I tinted my hair !!!!!> black!!!!, yes I am 37 & I am 40 to 50% grey, but> my hair has never felt or looked so healthy. According> to some people they think I am mad as it is high> upkeep, yes those little grey devils pop up after 2> weeks & the staining around the old hairline is a> pain but with my pale face (& thank god for good> genes)& no wrinkles(not that I'd care if I had> wrinkles or not) I think I look good, so Why do others> tend to make Me 2nd think if I should go Brown again-> Now I'm Totally Confused, Brown or Black?????AAAAAHHH> I'm constantly told Iam too old for Black hair so now> I feel maybe these people are right, but I do love my> silky Black hair.> All The Best To Everyone,> Simone.(C). ;)
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
Simone, do what YOU want -- it's your hair and your choice! If you love the black -- and it sounds as though you really do -- keep it! I'm sure it looks beautiful. :)
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:53pm
Thankyou Everyone!!!!,I was so glad to get the posts, especially today as I really felt depressed(My Birthday is in a few days)& I was feeling a little miserable as the greys popped up & I did a quick re-touch so I felt a little better!!. All your posts were great so now I will not take any notice of anyone who tells me I'm too old!!!.My natural colour is dark blonde but it never suited me as my skin is pale (naturally) & I have black eyes- weird I inherited it from my Russian /Czech genes. But all your posts made my day I really appreciate all the positive feed-back- now I feel happy, thanks to all you lovely people*************Simone.(C). ;)
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Happy early birthday, Simone, and enjoy your brunette tresses! Remember it's not a matter of getting older. . .it's a matter of getting better. . .and getting what you want! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic