Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does long hair really get in the way of your job
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does long hair really get in the way of your job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does long hair really get in the way of your job
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:53pm
This morning I was at a coffee shop and right in front of me was this female police officer. Her hair was braided and wrappped around in a coil into a bun and secured with a fabric hair thing.The strange part is in my city there is a group that shaves their head in belief that it will prevent crime against women because men won't be able to pull their hair in assult.I was thinking of that group when I was looking at the police officer . The way her hair was coiled , her hair was easily down to the middle of her back or even waist length.Now isn't this interesting. Here we have female police officers that keep their long hair and can perform their duty and on the other side of the coin we have a group of women that are so scard of men that they shaved their heads.
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:53pm
> Now isn't this interesting. Here we have female police> officers that keep their long hair and can perform> their duty and on the other side of the coin we have a> group of women that are so scard of men that they> shaved their heads.** Heh. In my opinion, this is like having the radio removed from your car to ensure no one will break into it: Someone might break in anyway, and now you have to drive around without a radio. What a silly and extremist thing to do. If a mugger/rapist/assailant pulls a gun or knife on you, it's not going to matter whether you have hair. And if he really wants a handhold, he can just as easily grab onto clothing, a backpack, etc. Sounds to me like they're trying to make a statement rather than safeguarding themselves.When I did time in the military, long hair was never a problem. Short hair was never a problem. Medium-length hair was the biggest problem, because it hung over the collar and in the face, and could not be secured as easily as long hair. (It would pull out of barrettes and braids.)Ally
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:58pm
> When I did time in the military, long hair was never a> problem. Short hair was never a problem. Medium-length> hair was the biggest problem, because it hung over the> collar and in the face, and could not be secured as> easily as long hair. (It would pull out of barrettes> and braids.)I've never served, but it was always my impression that women had to keep their hair collar length or above. I do know that it's that way for the military academies. Do different branches or different kinds of "tours" have different requirements for the length of female hair?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic