Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do some hairstyle really make your eyes sore to look at them?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do some hairstyle really make your eyes sore to look at them?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do some hairstyle really make your eyes sore to look at them?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
I am not sure what is the attraction with a certain hairstyle but it makes my eyes sores. I am talking about the one that looks like someone stuck their head in a jar of vaseline and applied tons of hairclips to hold it. Gee it seems so many younger girls are doing this. Yes I know it is not vaseline but mouse.At times someone style really gets to me. A while back I took a computer course and the instructor hair looked like hell. Very messy. Normally things like that don't bother me but for ten weeks straight I couldn't look at the guy without my stomack feeling very weak.Do you have experiences like that? I am not a snob but some things really get to me.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Hi, D.!I definitely think you read my mind today. We are in the heart of the pollen season in Virginia. The pollen is everywhere, in the air, on cars and streets, and yes, in mousse heads. The plastering with mousse has become very popular in this area, not just restricted to school girls. Many working women have done a sort of modified "flapper" look with some modified "finger waves" and tons, and I mean tons, of the goop called hair mousse. Recently, I've wondered whether some of these women even check the mirror after they return inside from the out of doors. I have seen too many with a good amount of pollen sitting on their parts, ends and everywhere else on their heads. MAJOR YUCK!!! I've often wondered what else was growing on their heads.I also think we must have had the same computer instructor, even though we are thousands of miles away from each other:) Mine was a superior instructor, but reminded me of my biochem college instructor who had a mop of hair, always fooled with it, so it was mussed to the max, and, Diane, did your instructor look like he was falling? Well, mine did. He was just a bit off center. My biochem professor always managed to slip several times during the semester. After the first few times, members of the class stopped running to his rescue:) I think it was those thick-soled shoes he wore:) We loved him, but he was just being himself:)All the Best,Jade21I am not sure what is the attraction with a certain> hairstyle but it makes my eyes sores. I am talking> about the one that looks like someone stuck their head> in a jar of vaseline and applied tons of hairclips to> hold it. Gee it seems so many younger girls are doing> this. Yes I know it is not vaseline but mouse.> At times someone style really gets to me. A while back> I took a computer course and the instructor hair> looked like hell. Very messy. Normally things like> that don't bother me but for ten weeks straight I> couldn't look at the guy without my stomack feeling> very weak.> Do you have experiences like that? I am not a snob but> some things really get to me.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
> Hi, D.!> I definitely think you read my mind today. We are in> the heart of the pollen season in Virginia. The pollen> is everywhere, in the air, on cars and streets, and> yes, in mousse heads. The plastering with mousse has> become very popular in this area, not just restricted> to school girls. Many working women have done a sort> of modified "flapper" look with some> modified "finger waves" and tons, and I mean> tons, of the goop called hair mousse. Recently, I've> wondered whether some of these women even check the> mirror after they return inside from the out of doors.> I have seen too many with a good amount of pollen> sitting on their parts, ends and everywhere else on> their heads. MAJOR YUCK!!! I've often wondered what> else was growing on their heads.> I also think we must have had the same computer> instructor, even though we are thousands of miles away> from each other:) Mine was a superior instructor, but> reminded me of my biochem college instructor who had a> mop of hair, always fooled with it, so it was mussed> to the max, and, Diane, did your instructor look like> he was falling? Well, mine did. He was just a bit off> center. My biochem professor always managed to slip> several times during the semester. After the first few> times, members of the class stopped running to his> rescue:) I think it was those thick-soled shoes he> wore:) We loved him, but he was just being himself:)> All the Best,> Jade21Hello Jade21:I really don't think we had the same instructor because mine had a fear of women. Yes don't laugh and his class for more the half full of women.When a female approach him, his eyes would blink like flashing traffic lights and you could actually see his heartbeat beat extremely fast. His hair look like hell like he never brush it and he would dress like someone that slept in his car.Then don't ask any questions because he would get angry with us.He looked like a bum. I really mean it and the guy was so picky you wouldn't believe it. He actually did a slide show explaining to us to blow our nose using a kleenix. Okay now that I have entertain you by now with all that stuff I hope you have a good hair day.
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
> I am not sure what is the attraction with a certain> hairstyle but it makes my eyes sores. I am talking> about the one that looks like someone stuck their head> in a jar of vaseline and applied tons of hairclips to> hold it. Gee it seems so many younger girls are doing> this. Yes I know it is not vaseline but mouse.> At times someone style really gets to me. A while back> I took a computer course and the instructor hair> looked like hell. Very messy. Normally things like> that don't bother me but for ten weeks straight I> couldn't look at the guy without my stomack feeling> very weak.> Do you have experiences like that? I am not a snob but> some things really get to me.Hello Diane,Great, great question. The hair style that makes my eyes soar are skatter ( or bowl ) cuts on men!! I love short hair on men but this ones got to go. Especialy when theres cowlicks. So it ends up looking very strange with a line around the middle and Alfefa sprouts sticking out the top.I hated cuting mens hair that way!! Men should look like men and not children. Grated there are a few that look good with that cut but its rare. Thats my and my eyes opinion.Thanks for the chuckel,Diane K.
Zorak the Frisbee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak the Frisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
> I am not sure what is the attraction with a certain> hairstyle but it makes my eyes sores....At times someone> style really gets to me.....I am not a snob but> some things really get to me.Excuse me?!? I thought it was not correct behavior around here to criticize any choice made by an individual about his/her chosen look or hairstyle.I don't consider myself to be a snob either, but when I have voiced my opinions about people who cannot even admit that one day the may decide to cut their hair, the result is that people flame me for being "insensitive".
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
> Excuse me?!? I thought it was not correct behavior> around here to criticize any choice made by an> individual about his/her chosen look or hairstyle.> I don't consider myself to be a snob either, but when> I have voiced my opinions about people who cannot even> admit that one day the may decide to cut their hair,> the result is that people flame me for being> "insensitive".Dear Zorak the Frisbie:I never flamed you for one thing. Secondly I will not cut my hair because I never had really long hair and that is my change okay. Thirdly I said I enjoyed our discussion but what else am I suppose to say for goodness sakes.With kindness if you want to attack me why don't you email me directly so that we can discuss it. Personally I don't have anything against you. I sense you are full of anger for some reason. You bring up things that are not hair related. Please do not take this hair board so seriously. It is just a discussion. It is not law, it is not something that really affects our lives. It is just a hair site that people meet and discuss their ideas and problems about hair etc. Nothing more , nothing less.I use to take things like this seriously and I change this year when my husband died. I realize what is worth in life. Nothing is so so serious that we should be so upset about.Look whomever you are I don't have anything against you. Try and have a peaceful week okay.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Hi!I have to agree with Diane. You went too far Z. and I for one have no problem with you voicing your opinion on true hair politics. Your constant echo of the merits of change have gotten a bit much lately and I think many folks have just had enough. Let's just move on...If we can rag on the stars and give our opinions, we can certainly do it with hairstyles (good and bad, as perceived) in our communities.Most important, as Diane asserted, in the scheme of things, our discussions here are not earth-shattering and most of us have more pressing matters in our lives.Some sense of perspective should rule:)All the Best,Jade21> I never flamed you for one thing. Secondly I will not> cut my hair because I never had really long hair and> that is my change okay. Thirdly I said I enjoyed our> discussion but what else am I suppose to say for> goodness sakes.> With kindness if you want to attack me why don't you> email me directly so that we can discuss it.> Personally I don't have anything against you. I sense> you are full of anger for some reason. You bring up> things that are not hair related. Please do not take> this hair board so seriously. It is just a discussion.> It is not law, it is not something that really affects> our lives. It is just a hair site that people meet and> discuss their ideas and problems about hair etc.> Nothing more , nothing less.> I use to take things like this seriously and I change> this year when my husband died. I realize what is> worth in life. Nothing is so so serious that we should> be so upset about.> Look whomever you are I don't have anything against> you. Try and have a peaceful week okay.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak the Frisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
>> I have to agree with Diane. You went too far Z. and I> for one have no problem with you voicing your opinion> on true hair politics.I dunno. I am kind of beginnig to feel that this is more like the "hair nazis"around here: you can say what you want about "bad hairstyles" or "hair thatoffends you" as long as most in the audience agree....BUT, voice an opinion that is "out of bounds" and you get scorched!!> ....and I think many folks have just had enough.Yeah, people don't like to even think about the idea of long hair eventuallygetting old and boring, but it is OK to criticize people who put mousse in theirhair. YADA YADA YADA> If we can rag on the stars and give our opinions, we> can certainly do it with hairstyles (good and bad, as> perceived) in our communities.Hmmm....when people have said ANYTHING about long hair that is can evenbe remotely perceived as negative they get shot down pretty quick....> ....in the scheme of things, our discussions here are> not earth-shattering and most of us have more pressing> matters in our lives.Yeah, sure....you can tell from the meager, miniscule number of posts here :-)I guess that I will just go be my poor old persecuted self....everybody picks onpoor old Zorak....boo hoo hoo
Unregistered
Unregistered
> I dunno. I am kind of beginnig to feel that this is> more like the "hair nazis"> around here: you can say what you want about "bad> hairstyles" or "hair that> offends you" as long as most in the audience> agree....> BUT, voice an opinion that is "out of> bounds" and you get scorched!!> Yeah, people don't like to even think about the idea> of long hair eventually> getting old and boring, but it is OK to criticize> people who put mousse in their> hair. YADA YADA YADA> Hmmm....when people have said ANYTHING about long hair> that is can even> be remotely perceived as negative they get shot down> pretty quick....> Yeah, sure....you can tell from the meager, miniscule> number of posts here :-)> I guess that I will just go be my poor old persecuted> self....everybody picks on> poor old Zorak....boo hoo hooLets see if I can explain this to you in plain english.YOu have your rights to your opinions about long hair can be boring. That is fine really.I didn't have any problem with those ideas of yours but you offended some people because you went beyond that. It is one thing to have an opinion , it is another to try to force a concept of change on people. Some people are really happy the way they are and who are we to try to change them in life. My late husband was an excellent example of someone that was happy by not changing his appearances and I never thought he was boring. I am not picking on you period really. Sometimes when we feel are are being picked on we need to take a step back and really think why. Like I said before I really enjoyed our conversation okay.
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Okay, I'm not going to take sides here, but I'm going to offer my viewpoint. Depending on when you hook up with this board and which messages you read, it can seem VERY long-hair dominant. It was the long-hair issue that resulted in the institution of Hair Politics, because people were coming to virtual blows over it.I've seen posts that read something like this:"Last night while I was applying my usual treatment of imported tea tree oil to my scalp, a 50-50 preparation of Aveda Curessance and Nexxus Humectress to my midshaft, and olive oil to my ends, I happened to catch Sandra Bullock on an MTV Interview."She had chopped at LEAST an inch and a half off her gorgeous hair! That's THREE MONTHS of growth down the drain, thanks no doubt to some Hollywood butcher who snuck into her dressing room, sedated her, and then knelt on her chest while he gave her that disfiguring trim! I am putting together an electronic sympathy card for Sandra, so please contact me if you would like to sign it."Meanwhile, I'm having problems of my own at work. My boss keeps pressuring me to cut my hair or at least put it up all the time, because it's not professional, etc. I say that just because I work in a manufacturing plant doesn't mean I have to look like everyone around me, and if my hair keeps getting tangled in the airplane engines, that's my business! Better maimed than shorn, I say!"And of course, I caught at least THREE people looking at my hair on the subway this morning. Well, I'm tired of feeling like a spectacle, so I finally say, 'What are you STARING at?'"And this one guy says, 'Do you realize your hair is caught in your bootlaces, spilling into the aisle, and smothering the child in the next seat?" And I'm like, 'How rude!' (I should mention that his girlfriend had one of those BOBS that are so popular was OBVIOUSLY threatened.)"It was worse than the time that hairstylist in the next chair came THREE FEET from me with her blowdryer."Okay, it's not that bad. But if you're not a long-hair totalitarian, it can be intimidating.Incidentally, my vote for eyesore hairdo is that short, puffy one with the bangs center-parted and gelled flat. What's up with that?Catch,Ally
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Ally,I was avoiding this discussion as best I could, but your simulated post absolutely cracked me up. You couldn't have been more dead on.I find it entertaining how the long hair proponents are just as passionate as the short hair proponents on other boards. And the majority of each don't understand the other and look at them with derision as misguided fanatics.Maybe we could settle this by calling MTV and setting up a Celebrity Death Match tag team fight with Crystal Gayle and Roma Downey vs Susan Powter and Sinead O'Connor...As usual,JerkyFleaRelated Link:JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Okay, I'm not going to take sides here, but I'm going> to offer my viewpoint. Depending on when you hook up> with this board and which messages you read, it can> seem VERY long-hair dominant. It was the long-hair> issue that resulted in the institution of Hair> Politics, because people were coming to virtual blows> over it.> I've seen posts that read something like this:> "Last night while I was applying my usual> treatment of imported tea tree oil to my scalp, a> 50-50 preparation of Aveda Curessance and Nexxus> Humectress to my midshaft, and olive oil to my ends, I> happened to catch Sandra Bullock on an MTV Interview.> "She had chopped at LEAST an inch and a half off> her gorgeous hair! That's THREE MONTHS of growth down> the drain, thanks no doubt to some Hollywood butcher> who snuck into her dressing room, sedated her, and> then knelt on her chest while he gave her that> disfiguring trim! I am putting together an electronic> sympathy card for Sandra, so please contact me if you> would like to sign it.> "Meanwhile, I'm having problems of my own at> work. My boss keeps pressuring me to cut my hair or at> least put it up all the time, because it's not> professional, etc. I say that just because I work in a> manufacturing plant doesn't mean I have to look like> everyone around me, and if my hair keeps getting> tangled in the airplane engines, that's my business!> Better maimed than shorn, I say!> "And of course, I caught at least THREE people> looking at my hair on the subway this morning. Well,> I'm tired of feeling like a spectacle, so I finally> say, 'What are you STARING at?'> "And this one guy says, 'Do you realize your hair> is caught in your bootlaces, spilling into the aisle,> and smothering the child in the next seat?" And> I'm like, 'How rude!' (I should mention that his> girlfriend had one of those BOBS that are so popular> was OBVIOUSLY threatened.)> "It was worse than the time that hairstylist in> the next chair came THREE FEET from me with her> blowdryer."> Okay, it's not that bad. But if you're not a long-hair> totalitarian, it can be intimidating.> Incidentally, my vote for eyesore hairdo is that> short, puffy one with the bangs center-parted and> gelled flat. What's up with that?> Catch,> AllyDear Ally:If you ever decided to write a book it would certainly make lots of people laugh.I don't really care about hair length etc. I do have my own preference for myself. I guess what I was trying to tell Zorak a few times is that he personal life is starting to show up on this discussion board. This is what I meant when he is going off topic etc. I actually enjoy discussing things with him. I just wish he would leave his personal life where it belongs.
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Ally,> I was avoiding this discussion as best I could, but> your simulated post absolutely cracked me up. You> couldn't have been more dead on.> I find it entertaining how the long hair proponents> are just as passionate as the short hair proponents on> other boards. And the majority of each don't> understand the other and look at them with derision as> misguided fanatics.> Maybe we could settle this by calling MTV and setting> up a Celebrity Death Match tag team fight with Crystal> Gayle and Roma Downey vs Susan Powter and Sinead> O'Connor...> As usual,> JerkyFleaHello JerkyFlea:I understand both sides because I was a short hair females for years and now I am a long hair female for the rest of my life because it is my preference. I never have a bad hair day etc.The only thing on this board that I been a real stick in the mud is to defend people who don't like changes in their hairstyles.I was pretty firm about that. Some people go through life not wanting too much change and they are happy the way they are.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak the Frisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> ...........Depending on when you hook up> with this board and which messages you read, it can> seem VERY long-hair dominant. It was the long-hair> issue that resulted in the institution of Hair> Politics, because people were coming to virtual blows> over it.Yes! I know exactly what you mean!> I've seen posts that read something like this:> "Last night while I was applying my usual> treatment of imported tea tree oil to my scalp....> ....."Meanwhile, I'm having problems of my own at> work. My boss keeps pressuring me to cut my hair or at> least put it up all the time.....> ...."And of course, I caught at least THREE people> looking at my hair on the subway this morning.....> ...."And this one guy says, 'Do you realize your hair> is caught in your bootlaces, spilling into the aisle,> and smothering the child in the next seat?" And> I'm like, 'How rude!' (I should mention that his> girlfriend had one of those BOBS that are so popular> was OBVIOUSLY threatened.)Thank you for the wry humor! I enjoyed it very much. It is good to know that there are still people reading this that can take it all with a grain of salt.Z.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zorak the Frisbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> I am not sure what is the attraction with a certain> hairstyle but it makes my eyes sores....Do you have> experiences like that? I am not a snob but> some things really get to me.While I don't like "sticky" hairstyles that depend upon tons of gel or mousse, I have less of a problem with them that my main pet peeve in the "world of hair"........And that is any hairstyle or haircut that looks like an amateur or bozo did the cutting. I love to look at women's hairstyles: long, short, curley, geometric, colored....I really love to see good, healthy hair that is attractive and fun to look at.But I cringe to see a woman with a haircut that has been poorly executed. Case in point: I was in the mall the other day shopping, and I saw this woman whose hair had been butchered. Obviously, the attempt was to make a "wedge" kind of cut, layered in the back with a weight-line that was supposed to be slightly graduated to blend in with the layers.What she had was awful. Whoever cut her hair should be run out of town. The back looked like a child had taken pinking shears and chopped into it....heck, maybe this IS what happened! I just felt sorry for her because it looked so bad. Really, she would have been better off to get it cut shorter to get the layering even in the back.But, some people are satisfied with sub-optimal results. There is just no accounting for taste I guess.Z.
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> I have to agree with Diane. You went too far Z. and I> for one have no problem with you voicing your opinion> on true hair politics. Your constant echo of the> merits of change have gotten a bit much lately and I> think many folks have just had enough. Let's just move> on...So true. . .it's just HAIR, everyone! Now think about this: if this were a fingernail site, would there be the same outrage provoked? "OH MY LORD, MY FRIEND CUT HER FINGERNAILS ALL OFF! Now they're RAGGED and I KNOW they'll NEVER grow again, unless she gets that MAGIC PILL that will cost her $50 a WEEK! Is this cheating? TELL ME IT'S NOT CHEATING, because I USE IT EVERY CHANCE I GET TO GROW MY OWN TALONS!" (I don't write this to offend anybody, but to try and offer some humor.)I've had short hair, mid-length hair, long hair, naturally blonde hair, unnaturally dark hair, accidentally red hair (if you could have seen the tone, you would have known it was an accident!), naturally straight hair, unnaturally curly hair. . .it goes on and on and on. Am I an advocate of change? Sure. . .IF THE PERSON SO WISHES! :) Do I really care how somebody wears their hair? Nope. . .but I certainly care how they "wear" their heart!Diane and Jade, thank you for putting this into perspective, and Diane, I am deeply sorry for your loss.All the best,H. Taylor
Unregistered
Unregistered
> So true. . .it's just HAIR, everyone! Now think about> this: if this were a fingernail site, would there be> the same outrage provoked? "OH MY LORD, MY FRIEND> CUT HER FINGERNAILS ALL OFF!But fingernails are just not the same. How many guys have you known that wanted to touch your fingernails, or wanted to pamper and brush your fingernails?No, fingernails just don't elicit the same kind of response that hair does. Healthy nice hair is just one of those things that men look at in a woman. Fingernails just don't even compare.From a sociobiological point of view, healthy hair is an attractor of the opposite sex: healthy hair means a healthy girl, and a man will see this as a sign of fertility (note: this is NOT just my idea, I read this in an article on sociobiology several years ago).> I've had short hair, mid-length hair, long hair,> naturally blonde hair, unnaturally dark hair,> accidentally red hair. . .it goes on and on and on. Am> I an advocate of change? Sure. . .IF THE PERSON SO WISHES!Thank you. This is all I have ever advocated, too. I just cannot understand how someone can keep a straight face when they "swear" they will never cut their hair! My whole point has been that no matter what you believe NOW, that is likely to change in a period of time.Z.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> But fingernails are just not the same. How many guys> have you known that wanted to touch your fingernails,> or wanted to pamper and brush your fingernails?> No, fingernails just don't elicit the same kind of> response that hair does. Healthy nice hair is just one> of those things that men look at in a woman.> Fingernails just don't even compare.> From a sociobiological point of view, healthy hair is> an attractor of the opposite sex: healthy hair means a> healthy girl, and a man will see this as a sign of> fertility (note: this is NOT just my idea, I read this> in an article on sociobiology several years ago).> Thank you. This is all I have ever advocated, too. I> just cannot understand how someone can keep a straight> face when they "swear" they will never cut> their hair! My whole point has been that no matter> what you believe NOW, that is likely to change in a> period of time.> Z.I was laughing so much so it took some time for me to respond but I have to say this.If the topic was feet it might be diffirent then the nail one because I actually had experience from a man that was upset with me because I wouldn't send any pictures of my feet and he is doctor in france and he has a feet fetish. nOw I thought he might be the only one but you know what ? Heck my new male friend been studying my feet and wants to paint the toe nails.Okay I just thought I would share this to make some people laugh.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Excuse me?!? I thought it was not correct behavior> around here to criticize any choice made by an> individual about his/her chosen look or hairstyle.Many people, myself included, have expressed frustration with beingthe DIRECT recipient of unsolicited criticism. If, for example, twopeople want to speak critically of my hair between themselves, I don'tcare. Do you understand the difference?> I don't consider myself to be a snob either, but when> I have voiced my opinions about people who cannot even> admit that one day the may decide to cut their hair,> the result is that people flame me for being> "insensitive".You sought to *get people to "admit"* that they will change their hairhair some day. It's like twisting arms. It's a bully technique. Itisn't appreciated. Perhaps some day YOU will change and realize howoffensive your approach has been.Dave
David M Squires
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> I just cannot understand how someone can keep a straight> face when they "swear" they will never cut> their hair! My whole point has been that no matter> what you believe NOW, that is likely to change in a> period of time.I can't speak for others on the subject, but what you seem to object tois a the extent of a person's will and determination to have what theywant. If that means they don't want to change what they have, I reallydon't see the point to try to tear down their resolve, yet that seemsto be what you intend to do.Understand that if I am firmly resolved to do something (that will nototherwise harm anything or anybody!), and you try (or anybody elsetries) to stand in my way, then you will be brushed aside.Dave
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic